Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo tablet holder

First attempt, modified 3D print of DJI tablet holder. Need to secure and try it out.

Good ingenuity! Please post final version when done. I opted to just incorporate an old tripod and got a tablet holder off Amazon for $17. Works great and very heavy duty, but not quite as portable as what you did. One thing I do like about tripod is being able to set the controller on top and position just the right angle and direction of antenna to the drone for optimal long range signal. Even rigged a throttle position holder if super cold so I can just focus on gimble and video feed.

Attachments

• 20191227_112919.jpg
    20191227_112919.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • 20191227_170028.jpg
    20191227_170028.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • 20191227_163003.jpg
    20191227_163003.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Catweazle
Like every hobby, there are lots of ideas... I attach the RC to a tablet using the tablet's leather case and a pair of heavy-duty rubber bands. Requires no tools or software. Nicely compact. Good balance. All RC buttons accessible. Easily adjusted. Stays out. Pops on and off in seconds. Works with any tablet.

Here are photos...20190813_131206.jpg20190813_131234.jpg

i have founds these:

I may have shown my holder before. Excuse me if i did.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: Flip
Like every hobby, there are lots of ideas... I attach the RC to a tablet using the tablet's leather case and a pair of heavy-duty rubber bands. Requires no tools or software. Nicely compact. Good balance. All RC buttons accessible. Easily adjusted. Stays out. Pops on and off in seconds. Works with any tablet.

Here are photos...View attachment 5909View attachment 5910

I like this version/position the best so far. I like the compactness and I don't like a holder that interferes with the antennae or controller screen. Now I just have to figure out how to adapt my tablet :)

I just received my Lifthor - I am not crazy about it. For me it's a little large and leaves the antennas vulnerable in the backpack that I am using.
It was expensive. If I start making money with the drone, it may make it look more professional to have this massive controller.
I have been pretty happy with my new iPhone SE 2020 on the controller.

Posted this over on the Evo II side... but since the controllers are the same here you all go. I made my own out of a $15 Mavic specific holder from eBay. I modified it for my preferred setup. My reasons for liking this configuration are:

1) Does not interfere with antennas
2) Allows antennas to be pointed correctly when I'm in a comfortable position
3) balances better when I hold it. (not forward heavy) The tablet rests ever so slightly on my forearms.
4) cheap to make/modify from existing product.
5) good for the thumbs OR pinch technique on controller sticks.

Tablet_With_Controller.jpg

Attachments

• TabletHolder01.jpg
    TabletHolder01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • TabletHolder02.jpg
    TabletHolder02.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 39
Good ingenuity! Please post final version when done. I opted to just incorporate an old tripod and got a tablet holder off Amazon for $17. Works great and very heavy duty, but not quite as portable as what you did. One thing I do like about tripod is being able to set the controller on top and position just the right angle and direction of antenna to the drone for optimal long range signal. Even rigged a throttle position holder if super cold so I can just focus on gimble and video feed.
Im new to the group. How did you mount the controller to the tripod?

Not mounted but sitting on one of those semi-sticky gel pads you put on a desk or dashboard of car so your phone doesnt slide around (works good).
oh ok, thanks, So its just sitting on the top of the camera mount where a regular camera sits on , Thanks I want to try something like that until i can find a good mount for the controller and tablet

I will just say this. I don't care what phone or tablet holder you have now. Even the one I recommended in another thread. You need to contact
lukappaseidue to inquire about the phone/tablet holder he has. I have one. It just works. Easy on, easy off. All the weight goes to the front of the RC, not the back as designed by Autel. I won't use anything else now. Trust me, its good. Using a tablet will cover your RC screen though, but the balance is way better!!

• Love
Reactions: lukappaseidue
I will just say this. I don't care what phone or tablet holder you have now. Even the one I recommended in another thread. You need to contact
lukappaseidue to inquire about the phone/tablet holder he has. I have one. It just works. Easy on, easy off. All the weight goes to the front of the RC, not the back as designed by Autel. I won't use anything else now. Trust me, its good. Using a tablet will cover your RC screen though, but the balance is way better!!

do you have picture of what it looks like?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller