Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Signal Question

Autelguy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm holding off for the 1". I had a couple questions that perhaps someone may know the asnwer to.

Scenario 1:
You're at the top of a 500 ft. cliff and 1000 Ft. above sea level and launch. In front of you is a deep valley. Does flying below your launch altitude cause a problem with RTH? I remember watching some idiot launch a Mavic from a hotel room while being many floors up. His Mavic dropped below is launch altitude and couldn't recover and lost or crashed his Mavic. That was a long time ago and forget all the details.

Scenario 2:
Does the Evo use a line of sight signal technology? In front of you is a 100 ft canyon wall. You can't see into the other side of the canyon from your launch point. I'm assuming that if you rise above the canyon wall and lower the aircraft into the canyon on the other side, that you would have a LOS and the Evo would initiate a RTH. Correct?

I remember reading a thread or watching a video somewhere that with Ocusync, the signal from the transmitter will "spread" around an obstacle allowing you to still maintain a signal. Like fliying behind a tall building or behind a lighthouse. Does Evo spectrum technology work similarly?

I never fly my current drone without being in line sight, but I found an area that is full of small hills and small valleys in front of me. I'd love to have a bird dip down into those valleys and do some reconnaissance work for me but doing so would mean losing sight of the aircraft. Something I wouldn't try with my current drone.

Thanks

Keeping my fingers crossed on a 1". Much better horizon tilt recovery and a well positioned gimbal to avoid props shots with at least a 28 min flight time. Come on Autel..., I'm rooting for you. Earn my cash.

Loosing sight is the least of your problems, however the going over a rock wall will be an issue, don't know of any drone transmitter including accu-sync and/or any boosted antenna system that can maintain solid connection in that scenario, in fact a boosted system with a circular polarized or any other directional antenna will immediately loose connection. If I were you I would first try flying behind the building with someone on the other side keeping track of the bird.Yes loosing connection for any reason will initiate RTH and you should be ok if you have the altitude set to an height appropriate to your conditions.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller