Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO RTK PPK help

madpuma

Reaction score
Hello!!

My Evo RTK is finally here and after a few flights I cant get the EVO to capture the Rinex data for PPK. The EVO wont launch if you have RTK enabled and no connection to RTK. Which should be fine because I dont want RTK. I just want the precise GPS data to allow PPK. The only way the EVO flies is with RTK off and only the standard GPS data is given. A Rinex file is created for each flight that is started but the data is not in the file.

Any ideas? What am I missing here? Firmware is the latest.

Reactions: MikkelBarker
Hello!!

My Evo RTK is finally here and after a few flights I cant get the EVO to capture the Rinex data for PPK. The EVO wont launch if you have RTK enabled and no connection to RTK. Which should be fine because I dont want RTK. I just want the precise GPS data to allow PPK. The only way the EVO flies is with RTK off and only the standard GPS data is given. A Rinex file is created for each flight that is started but the data is not in the file.

Not sure when PPK will be working. But I just posted a thread using the RS2 without NTRIP corrections, Base connected to EVO via caster and got a solid FIX on drone

EVO RTK V2 standard controller .61
Autel Explorer .93
Logging data correctly but...
You need to empty SD card after each mission.
At the moment, autel does not create a separate folder for each mission, but saves data and photos in one, sometimes two folders, which makes logs messy, which is problematic when calculating more data.

EVO RTK V2 standard controller .61
Autel Explorer .93
Logging data correctly but...
You need to empty SD card after each mission.
At the moment, autel does not create a separate folder for each mission, but saves data and photos in one, sometimes two folders, which makes logs messy, which is problematic when calculating more data.

Autel's software engineers went to the same school as the DJI engineers. The novel idea of having a new folder generated at each power cycle using date and time has never occurred to them. I'm sure that will change because Autel has promised to listen to the likes of @Blade Strike and Jon McBride. (maybe wishful thinking, I admitt)

As a matter of workflow, I generally change out the SD card at each powercycle. But it would still be nice if the camera wrote files like a modern camera system. Having the folders of files easily put in proper order by date/time would be a simple pleasure.

Autel's software engineers went to the same school as the DJI engineers. The novel idea of having a new folder generated at each power cycle using date and time has never occurred to them. I'm sure that will change because Autel has promised to listen to the likes of @Blade Strike and Jon McBride. (maybe wishful thinking, I admitt)

As a matter of workflow, I generally change out the SD card at each powercycle. But it would still be nice if the camera wrote files like a modern camera system. Having the folders of files easily put in proper order by date/time would be a simple pleasure.

I know personally I have complained about this. I was told its on the road map to be fixed.

Hello!!

Hi. I have struggled with the same issue. I have tried different suppliers and different mountpoints but now I seem to have hit a good combination, but it has felt like a quessing game.
I have a ticket with them, but the help is not quick unfortunately.
I wish you luck.

Hi. I have struggled with the same issue. I have tried different suppliers and different mountpoints but now I seem to have hit a good combination, but it has felt like a quessing game.
I have a ticket with them, but the help is not quick unfortunately.
I wish you luck.
What firmware version is this? I’m assuming we are talking about EVOII RTK and not enterprise?

Hello,
I bought an EVO II Enterprise with RTK module in November, updated in December with the latest firmware 2.1.77.
I have the same problem, the obs file contains only the first header lines and nothing else.
I tested with both the RTK module connected via NTRIP and disconnected. The result is always the same.
Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Hello,
I bought an EVO II Enterprise with RTK module in November, updated in December with the latest firmware 2.1.77.
I have the same problem, the obs file contains only the first header lines and nothing else.
I tested with both the RTK module connected via NTRIP and disconnected. The result is always the same.
Anyone have any suggestions for me?
The first thing I would suggest is to compare your craft's fw modules to Autel's table to ensure everything is updated correctly.

Attachments

• table.JPG
    table.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 26
You would have to install the beta to get the ppk working . Unfortunately they haven’t made the beta v1 official but it is safe to run.

You would have to install the beta to get the ppk working . Unfortunately they haven’t made the beta v1 official but it is safe to run.
I use the ENTERPRISE model with RTK module.
In the download page of the AUTEL official site relating to ENTERPRISE there is NO beta version of the firmware.
Also on the firmware ver. 2.1.77 it says "..... Solved the error of the file EVO II RTK Rinex ...."
In my case the error is NOT solved.

I use the ENTERPRISE model with RTK module.
In the download page of the AUTEL official site relating to ENTERPRISE there is NO beta version of the firmware.
Also on the firmware ver. 2.1.77 it says "..... Solved the error of the file EVO II RTK Rinex ...."
In my case the error is NOT solved.
I’m sorry I thought I saw you on standard RTK v1.

Correct Enterprise RTK is fixed. Can you get a FIX with RTK with NTRIP?

Also what version of the app are you running?

Yes, RTK correction with NTRIP works correctly (3-4 cm deviation).
What does not work is the correct writing of the * .obs file, ie the file is generated but does not contain any information, only the first header lines.

Yes, RTK correction with NTRIP works correctly (3-4 cm deviation).
What does not work is the correct writing of the * .obs file, ie the file is generated but does not contain any information, only the first header lines.
What version of the app? And this is obviously under mission mode?

The App version is 1.0.67 V2 Smart Controller Only (12/17/2021)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller