Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo or Not (potential buyer)

notamos

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get into quadcopters and have the opportunity to buy an Evo (not II) kit that is still new in the box. It comes with the full kit and an 64gb memory card & battery. I can pick it up for $600.

My concern is this - parts availability and service work.

Thoughts on this? Is the Evo "old" and no longer worth considering or not? Thoughts on overall quality next to new offerings from DJI?

The EVO is old. It is two years old but it is a fine drone. You might run into problems with finding batteries as Autel may not stock them down the road. They did this with the X-Star series.
As for service you cannot find better. Don't think buying second hand you will have any warranty though. 600 bucks is a good price.

Reactions: Johnnys49
I would jump on that. The Evo I is a great drone, very sharp, clear video. You might want to check with Autel if its new in the box bought from a store about warranty.

Thanks folks, appreciate the opinions.

I've read a ton about Autel abandoning older products - which is my concern. I'm leaning toward buying it. Tough decision.

I was reading the app store reviews of their Android app. Wow, folks are pissed off.

I still fly an EVO I and and an XSP. That's definitely a good price, and I wouldn't hesitate to get it. Eventually batteries won't be available like with the XSP, but realistically, buy a couple here and there and you'll be good for quite a while.

Reactions: Johnnys49
The Evo 1 is a successful drone, not like the Evo 2 with which they have a hard time finalizing it.
Associated with the latest firmware and the Android Explorer application V 1.0.1.45 (the one that is exclusive to the Evo1 and not common to the two Evos), you have a successful and formidable tool in your hands.
Look for some batteries now and well maintained, they will serve you a long time.

To be honest I still fly my Autel Evo I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro obsidian plus after i flew my Evo for about a year and I still use the Evo and can get better video out of it then what I feel like I can with my Phantom. I know people will say that's impossible but most my shots the Evo is what i use. Its quick to fly. Solid in the air and just doesnt seem as finicky as the p4. I mean but not a dinosaur. its old but i just bought 2 batteries from best buy not long ago. They are still selling the evo 1 in stores.. I think its a safe bet. Id try to talk him down to 500 or 550 tho. Lol thats just me.

Thanks folks, appreciate the opinions.

I've read a ton about Autel abandoning older products - which is my concern. I'm leaning toward buying it. Tough decision.

I was reading the app store reviews of their Android app. Wow, folks are pissed off.
I dont think they will abandoned the Evo 1 like they "did" others. Its too solid. And i think theyd know people would be upset and go buy a mavic air 2 or another dji product..

I have found Autel service to be terrible.

When (if) I get my EVO 2 back from being repaired I have decided it will be the last Autel I will buy.

It was reported faulty 8/8/20 after 1 flight and it is still not fixed 4 months later!

I have not found the DJI service to terrible.
I sent my Mavic 2 Pro up a tree on take off, entirely my fault and unforgivable.
I sent it to the repair service in the Netherlands and eight days later I received a brand new Mavic 2 Pro, when I say new it is new from new, still with all the protections on the drone.
Long live the Car-Refresh, the new drone cost me 115 €, a small sum considering the price of a new buyout.Yes 2.gif

Last edited:
I’d spend more money and get the MaVic Air 2. Hard to get cinematic shots with the Evo and their smart modes are crap, plus you get the props in the shot all the time.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials