Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Multi-Charger?

Walleye

Reaction score
When was the announced Evo Multi Battery Charger going to be available?

You can actually call Autel customer service number and ask if they will be selling the multi charger this year.

Here's a CES 2019 review from OriginaldoBo where the Autel booth featured the multi-charger prominently.

He got the impression back then it would been out soon. Now we're over four months later.

Had this very same question a couple of days ago, glad they're coming out with this multi-charging system - it'll save a lot of time.

Had this very same question a couple of days ago, glad they're coming out with this multi-charging system - it'll save a lot of time.
Not really. Available info says the batteries are charged to a starting level, then sequentially charged. Slight time savings, but nowhere near what you'll find with the aftermarket solutions. :rolleyes:

Not really. Available info says the batteries are charged to a starting level, then sequentially charged. Slight time savings, but nowhere near what you'll find with the aftermarket solutions. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm ok with the sequential start up, it's what I'm running with the DJI batteries/charger so already used to that set up.

Autel Operates Like the Government, PROMISES, PROMISES and then NEVER Delivers anything! Really have to wonder how they stay in business?

Reactions: rickhartmanii
Can anyone with an electronics background explain the logic behind a sequential charger? Not how it works, but why it's designed that way.

It doesn't benefit the user, since it takes longer to charge multiple batteries. And as I pointed out in another thread, if you buy two single chargers and plug them into the same outlet, they'll charge two batteries simultaneously. Why can't Autel just take those same components that make up two chargers and combine them into one unit? And then a third and a fourth? Then you'd have a single charger than charged multiple batteries at the same time. It almost seems like they need to add extra engineering to have it be smart enough to charge one battery, then move onto the next, and the next.

And on a related note, my Autel Evo manual says this:

"Overcharging may shorten battery life, so don’t leave the battery unattended during charging, and remove it after it’s fully charged"

Does that mean if you have a multi-charger, you have to take each battery out after it's done charging? Or is the multi-charger smart enough to stop charging the battery after it's done charging? If so, then why can't they make their single charger smart enough to do that? Why did they design it so it could potentially shorten my battery's life? It really is annoying that I can't start charging a battery before going to bed or going out.

R&D is probably the most expensive part about bringing a new product to market. Once they have a prototype they gauge what the market will support. If they see enough interest they will maybe start to tool a factory to start production. All this costs big time money. A small time company like Autel does not want to make a marketing mistake. They went with the live deck as they know it relates to the commercial users and thats the direction they want to focus on. Consumer drones is dying, its been very well documented. DJI is focusing on the commercial market also.

Mainly do to the Power required to charge, SAY 4 Batteries at once. You would need an incredibly Large BRICK type Charger to plug into a wall socket. Probably also a Brick Charger with a FAN to Keep it cool, since it would be drawing so much current and be a potential Fire Hazard.

I really don't see battery chargers drawing that much power. And there does exist battery chargers for DJI batteries that charge multiple batteries simultaneously. They're not oversized.

By the way, is there any confirmation that the Autel multi-charger will charge the batteries sequentially? Because in the comments section of OriginaldoBo's video from CES 2019 where he talks about the multi-charger, someone asks if it charges the batteries at the same time or sequentially. OriginaldoBo replied that it charges them at the same time.

Of course, he could have heard it wrong, or the specs changed since January. So I'm asking if anyone can confirm the sequential charging?

EvoChargerBalanced.JPG

Attachments

• 1558819215792.png
    1558819215792.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
As I said (and linked to), there are multi-chargers out there that charge multiples at one time. They aren't over-heating or causing fires. So the premise that a single charger can't handle multiple batteries at once just doesn't seem to have merit.

Hey,

Just saw a video posted the 24th of may with the multi charger in action.... I really don't know why autel is taking so long. You launch the live deck, which is understandable. But to have the multi charger so promptly in the video is just cruel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-210606.jpg
    Screenshot_20190528-210606.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials