Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo ll Pro Firmware Upgrade Camera Issue

Bob Marquiss

Reaction score
Just went out to test latest firmware upgrade and have a problem when shooting video. It seems like the white balance is trying to adjust and keeps flashing light then dark while videoing, but I was flying with WB in sunny, I used to get that with my other drone when a shot in Auto white balance. I have never had it do this in Sunny before. I was shooting in Auto Exposure so I guess it may have been changing Exposure back and forth, I am not sure. It doesn't make for a good video when it keeps flashing between lighter and darker. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to fix?

Hi, you will have to remind me as I've just put my 2 PRO away in it's case and don't fancy getting it all out again... ha-ha.. if you were switched to AUTO exposure can you still select Manual WB.. ? I have a feeling the WB in manual would be switched to AUTO in AUTO mode... must admit I've never really tried as either set all to Manual or AUTO... interesting though.. anyway, in either mode I have never seen this happen or heard of it before... are you certain you didn't accidentally press and hold the screen and select Fixed Focus / WB a few times... this would give you the changing exposure... my hypothesis... right or wrong but worth a thought... Cheers

Reactions: Nothin2see
Hi, you will have to remind me as I've just put my 2 PRO away in it's case and don't fancy getting it all out again... ha-ha.. if you were switched to AUTO exposure can you still select Manual WB.. ? I have a feeling the WB in manual would be switched to AUTO in AUTO mode... must admit I've never really tried as either set all to Manual or AUTO... interesting though.. anyway, in either mode I have never seen this happen or heard of it before... are you certain you didn't accidentally press and hold the screen and select Fixed Focus / WB a few times... this would give you the changing exposure... my hypothesis... right or wrong but worth a thought... Cheers
Thanks for your response. I have always set white balance to Sunny and it has always stayed in Sunny even when I am in Auto Exposure. I was shooting in Shutter Priority in order to get 1/60 shutter speed which I hadn't ever done before. I don't know if that had anything to do with my problem. I will try to get out again tomorrow and try some different settings and see if I can eliminate the going light and dark while shooting.

This may or may not help you but I found it useful.

One of the recent Explorer updates added the ability to customize the back buttons and one of the options is the AE Lock On/Off. This allows you to quickly and easily lock or hold the Auto Exposure so the camera is not screwing up your shots.

Yes, I have also experienced sudden exposure changes with my E2P in Shutter Priority mode. I have also seen it happen in other YT videos. Auto Exposure must be over reacting and making step-wise changes instead of gradual changes. Manual Exposure should fix this for you. Also, lock WB to 5200-5600K.

Reactions: AussieCate

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy