Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pulls Me Thru!

Thermo

Reaction score
Just thought I’d give the EVO II an applaud. I have an drone precision ag business and have been using DJI products until this summer. Since I’m more familiar with DJI I bring both aircraft incase I get into a glitch. Well today DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 got me into a glitch and the EVO II pulled me out! 🙂. Once you learn the system it seems much more reliable than DJI.

Glad to hear the Evo II performed well - mine has always done so for me.

Just curious- what was the situation that the P4 put you in that the EVO II gad to pull you out of?

Hey Thermo, I have the same practice that you do i.e. use the EVO 2 for backup in case my P4P has an issue (only had to do once and it was when DJI had trouble approving flying in my zone; of course I did have LAANC approval to fly). Got the mission done and got paid and all is well. I think the EVO 2 behaves better in the air and collects images as good as my P4P but my clients are pretty specific about DJI preference and I don't fight it. In the one case they accepted the EVO images.

Reactions: G_G
I really like the EVO II's images. I think the camera's resolution is better than the P4P V2.0. I've done some surveying tests with it, and the EVO II has always come out on top. My senario the EVO II pulled me out of is I was mapping a corn field for a client to assess plant health using Pix4DFields as the mapping app. It appears the P4P V2.0 requires frequent compass calibrations. When the aircraft needs that, but when your in the 3rd party app to fly, you never get the message to calibrate the compass. When commanding the aircraft to fly, there is a message stating the aircraft is taking off, however the aircraft does not fly. It took me a long time to figure this one out. However, I'm glad I had the EVO II!

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58