Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro V2 Enterprise - "Chasing the Drone"

mapman97

Reaction score
Website
droneviewgis.com
Hi All,

I have an EVO II Pro V2 Enterprise and everyone is so impressed with the image quality when creating a general map. I make sure to keep the shutter speed around 1000 to 2000 by keeping the ISO at 200 or 400. I do find myself "chasing the drone" whenever I want to capture 100+ acres. I really can't compare with a V1, but do all V2 owners chase the drone? Have the poor connectivity issues been resolved with the V3, I hope so? Does anyone know if Autel or any resellers will sell the V3 drone by itself like DJI? After all, the components are backward compatible. I have asked 2 resellers and both said they don't know what Autel plans to do. I guess, my other option is to sell my entire kit and save up for the V3.

Regards,

Gerry

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_102123728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221119_102123728_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20221119_102134223_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221119_102134223_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
I have a V1 RTK and never have to chase the drone, even on the outside of a 300-acre map

Reactions: mapman97
Ouch, that's what I thought. It has improved with the current beta version Android 2.0.2, but I am usually hiking when I get around 1800 to 2000 feet away , especially if there are many trees around. I'll keep an eye on it with the new beta firmware and app.

Regards,

Gerry

Reactions: jmason702
Update about signal strength. I recently updated to the Autel Explorer V2 app. The distance or signal strength is much much better with this version of the app. I can easily go beyond 3,000 ft with four bars. Finally, a very good app for this drone.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Update about signal strength. I recently updated to the Autel Explorer V2 app. The distance or signal strength is much much better with this version of the app. I can easily go beyond 3,000 ft with four bars. Finally, a very good app for this drone.
Are you using the smart controller or standard. And, no app crashing during missions?

Reactions: edgardcafe
Hi Dave,

I opted for the standard controller. Hmm... I have never really experienced app crashes with this drone. Just weak signals with every other app update. This version also has smooth turns and it's awesome. Adds just under 2 min to the entire mission.

Regards,

Gerry

Thanks Gerry, All the q's because others have had multiple app crashing with AE V2. And some are having problems where the ppk files, specifially the .obs file, is there but doesn't contain any information. I'm glad everything is working great on your drone. Are you using android or ios?

Honestly, that's why I never bought a "Smart Controller". My drone phone is running Android 13 and my personal (hotspot) 12. You might be on to something. I think you can pick up a standard V2 controller for under $300.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials