Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro H.265 shows up as H.264 on Mac

Reaction score
I've seen there were several H.264 teething issues. Not sure if the 10bit depth recording @ 6k has been solved. Have seen mention that 5.5k video can be done at 60fps but dont see that option (and I have the latest firmware as of today at least).

But.

Before I get to the above advanced issue, whenever I record a 6k video and have it set to record in H.264, when I open it on the Mac in either QuickTime or Photos app, and get info on the video, it says the recorded format is H.264 and not H.265.

Is this a bug on the Mac or the Evo?

Thanks for any help/pointers.

Yes. Strange. Are you getting 10bit color out of your 6k video? I’ll have to do some testing today. Are you on the latest firmware?

Okay...after testing, 6k video for me is recording h265. It’s not defaulted until I change it to h265. It was defaulting to h264. 4k30 is recording 10bit color in LOG. 6k videos are only recording 8bit color in all 6k modes. Refreshed the FW for the heck of it and now it stays set at h265 after reaffirming all of my settings manually after the FW flash. I do have to say that Autel’s FW has been continuously buggy.

Okay...after testing, 6k video for me is recording h265. It’s not defaulted until I change it to h265. It was defaulting to h264. 4k30 is recording 10bit color in LOG. 6k videos are only recording 8bit color in all 6k modes. Refreshed the FW for the heck of it and now it stays set at h265 after reaffirming all of my settings manually after the FW flash. I do have to say that Autel’s FW has been continuously buggy.
And when you get info on the files on your computer (do you have a Mac or a PC) you see it says H.265?

To be clear...you set the codec to h265 manually, record in h265....and it’s still showing h264 on your mac???

I know. That’s why I was asking, because they just got the 4k30 10bit issue worked out just a short time ago. I was gonna drop a ?if you were saying that you were getting 10bit in 6k. Autel has been very vague with info and they haven’t made info easily obtainable. Heck...the literature hasn’t even been updated to include all of the added updates since March.

Yes. I believe Autel took the position that was a typo. And...like I said above, Autel still hasn’t put out any updated info pertaining to information and manuals even to reflect the many changes and tweaks that have been made many firmware versions ago.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller