Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Pro filters. Yes they a 28mm sort of standard

xval

Reaction score
EVO2Pro_28mm_filters.jpeg

You can see one filter on the camera and another attached to default filter. I think it's just a protective glass, not UV (any references are welcome).

The problem is the thread is not as long, and plastic on the camera prevents it from being screwed fully. I can turn it only for about 100 degrees. But it feels tight enough and should hold. If not filters are cheap on ebay. This set of 4 filters was about $14. I think I'll keep UV always on by default.

BTW, as filters are screwed in the wrong way, you cannot rotate them. I.e. polarized wouldn't work unless you use two of them to get sort of adjustable ND filter. May need counter-balance on the back of the camera.

Why not buy a set of proper NDs?

Hmm.. I don't need the whole set, and don't feel comfortable paying 8% of the whole drone for just filters. Most of which I don't use. Actually I've got proper polarized filter, now combining 2 of them can get any ND, starting with 2 and up. As for me it's more like a hobby, I can experiment. ;)

There will be a limit to how much the extra torque in the front the gimbal will handle. The more torque added will pull the gimbal more out of balance and require more servo power to counteract. I'm not sure what the servos can handle without affecting performance, but your horizontal stabilization may suffer when adding two filters.
I thought I saw some of the ND filters for sale individually for less than $15 if you don't want the whole set for $129.

View attachment 8511

You can see one filter on the camera and another attached to default filter. I think it's just a protective glass, not UV (any references are welcome).

The problem is the thread is not as long, and plastic on the camera prevents it from being screwed fully. I can turn it only for about 100 degrees. But it feels tight enough and should hold. If not filters are cheap on ebay. This set of 4 filters was about $14. I think I'll keep UV always on by default.

BTW, as filters are screwed in the wrong way, you cannot rotate them. I.e. polarized wouldn't work unless you use two of them to get sort of adjustable ND filter. May need counter-balance on the back of the camera.
$1400 for a flying camera and $14 for a filter set that vignettes? Why, when purpose built ones that perform better are readily available for $12-20 each?

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
$1400 for a flying camera and $14 for a filter set that vignettes? Why, when purpose built ones that perform better are readily available for $12-20 each?
You are right, no good reason other than cheapness which is good for rarely used filters. For my tasks I don't use ND, I rather go with short exposure to reduce motion blur. Not cinematic, I know. But I replaced stock glass with UV filter build for E2P and have it always on to reduce bluish.

Xval, if you have a UV filter on all the time-- did you knock the glass out of the Autel filter (reversed thread and flush front) and replace it with UV glass? Glued how? Multicoated--and did it improve flare when flying into sun? That'd be an interesting hack to see and hear about!

Reactions: xval
Xval, if you have a UV filter on all the time-- did you knock the glass out of the Autel filter (reversed thread and flush front) and replace it with UV glass? Glued how? Multicoated--and did it improve flare when flying into sun? That'd be an interesting hack to see and hear about!
LOL, no, I simply bought it from Autel. Technically I could do it. That filters set from Nikon comes with UV, it can be used as is. For convenience one thread can be cut of, this is easy. Then filter should fit under the gimbal cover and it will be as good as any special build. I was just lazy.

PS: as for cheapness, I suspect not all pilots here are porky americans. some are on strict budget.

I am am cheap on general principle.
I feel stupid paying too much and i simply like to tweak things NOT counting my work as $50 / hour of course as its part of the hobby for me :)

Ender

P.S. if its not for hobby and i can get rif of work / obstacles with a payment i operate otherwise but here i feel cool when achieving the same with less money :)

Spend money where it counts. $20 for a Freewell Pola/ND that's engineered not to imbalance the gimbal or vignette is money well-spent

View attachment 8511

So, you're saying any 28mm filter will fit the 6K camera thread??

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310