Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II Pro Case

Squerly

Reaction score
Given that Autel didn't see fit to give us a case to protect our drones, I looked around and found one on Amazon. Got it today and man, everything fits perfectly! I don't think it was a bad deal at $49.00.

It's called an "Anbee Portable Carrying Case". lol, the Chinese are so funny sometimes. . . :)

Attachments

• DSCN3193.JPG
    DSCN3193.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN3194.JPG
    DSCN3194.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN3195.JPG
    DSCN3195.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3196.JPG
    DSCN3196.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 34
looks nice. No doubt Autel wanted to keep the price competitive to new buyers when compared to the Mavic 2 and left the case out or as a value added package.
In the USA we have similarly discounted Asian made cases sold through Harbor Freight stores.

As mentioned, Harbor Freight carries the Apache 3800 and 4800 hard poly cases. There's a choice of colors including Orange ( and it's a close match!) My Evo II Pro shipped in a precut block of microcell PE packing foam that fits the Apache 3800 with minor trimming. The case was $29 + shipping, on sale

Reactions: DaveMH and Eagle928
i've had stuff shipped from HF to my door even though the storefront is 4 miles away....for items not in stock but they'll pull from other store locations. HF is behind the times: they will not ship from store to store to fulfill customer needs but they will send to your home

The pick-n-pluck foam is the one small drawback to DIY cases like this Apache series. But the packing foam Autel provides inside the standard kit is pretty sweet. Anybody know of a good online source that won't break the bank for similar density packing foam, for the remaining space of 8.5" x 11" x 5" deep (.5" thick x 10 sheets would work best, I'm thinking). Really easy to cut this to shape with a snap-knife

While some Evo IIs may not come with a case, mine did in the "rugged bundle" and I believe you can purchase these cases separately at some drone vendors. In most cases, they have two layers. In fact, I think there are a couple versions. Here's just one: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...tml/?msclkid=52117524f8da10d5e4a615028c97214d

I use the Apache cases for some video gear. They're good value. I use a thin sheet of craft foam hot glued on top of the pick and pluck foam that's trimmed to fit all the cut outs. This keeps the foam from self destructing. The real problem with any of these cases with the pick and pluck foam is that it often costs more to buy the foam than the cases/foam set.

MattMPA, while a glued down layer might help keep the pick-n-pluck intact, maybe misses my point: I don't use the case in the field. I use a backpack. The Autel foam for the drone is already easily swapped into the pack from the Apache. I'm halfway to having a fully-modular system already. Looking for a source of similar foam, inexpensive (Gotta be less than the $29 spent on the Apache 3800, that's my plan for filling remaining 8.5"x11"x5" with foam).. Kaizen and similar"kitting" foam sheets are ridiculously exorbitant.

Last edited:
MattMPA, while a glued down layer might help keep the pick-n-pluck intact, maybe misses my point: I don't use the case in the field. I use a backpack. The Autel foam for the drone is already easily swapped into the pack from the Apache. I'm halfway to having a fully-modular system already. Looking for a source of similar foam, inexpensive (Gotta be less than the $29 spent on the Apache 3800, that's my plan for filling remaining 8.5"x11"x5" with foam).. Kaizen and similar"kitting" foam sheets are ridiculously exorbitant.
I was answering the original post.

Has anyone tried the Apache 2800? I plan on using the mold that came with the drone in the case.
Smaller than the 3800, but I think the dimensions may work? I don't think the 2800 has orange as an option

Has anyone tried the Apache 2800? I plan on using the mold that came with the drone in the case.
Smaller than the 3800, but I think the dimensions may work? I don't think the 2800 has orange as an option
This is my setup when I need something quick and portable. I was going on vacation to Cabo Mexico and needed something protective that I didn't have to check. I do have another Evo 2 pro in a GPC Case that is an excellent case but it is a lot less convenient to lug around. This bag also has a landing pad on the front side plus it has plenty of space for any extras I need to throw in there including DSLR and at least one lense on top. I would be happy to make some custom packs for anyone interested.

Attachments​

• 20210408_113219.jpg
    20210408_113219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210408_113237.jpg
    20210408_113237.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 0

This is my setup when I need something quick and portable. I was going on vacation to Cabo Mexico and needed something protective that I didn't have to check. I do have another Evo 2 pro in a GPC Case that is an excellent case but it is a lot less convenient to lug around. This bag also has a landing pad on the front side plus it has plenty of space for any extras I need to throw in there including DSLR and at least one lense on top. I would be happy to make some custom packs for anyone interested.

Attachments​

• 20210408_113219.jpg
    20210408_113219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210408_113237.jpg
    20210408_113237.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 0
I have a similar one with refrigerating cover, but holds the beers :))))

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller