Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II "Imprecise" Precision Landing

Tech514

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing the consistently inaccurate performance of precision landing? The proximity to the takeoff point (a bright orange landing pad circle) varies dramatically flight-to-flight. Doesn't matter if I have 8 satellites or 15 satellites at takeoff, my EVO II misses the landing pad more than 50% of the time by anywhere from 2 to 12 feet, often requiring RTH landing be cancelled to prevent landing in a less than ideal area near the landing pad.

Reactions: TroyMich
Try taking off and letting it hover for 15 seconds or so before you start actually flying around. I've heard that should make it better.

Is anyone else experiencing the consistently inaccurate performance of precision landing? The proximity to the takeoff point (a bright orange landing pad circle) varies dramatically flight-to-flight. Doesn't matter if I have 8 satellites or 15 satellites at takeoff, my EVO II misses the landing pad more than 50% of the time by anywhere from 2 to 12 feet, often requiring RTH landing be cancelled to prevent landing in a less than ideal area near the landing pad.

Yeah, I'm about the same. 50% (or more) of the time, my drone has only 2 (or less) legs on the pad. I've hovered, I've acquired more satellites, I've tried calibrations too. All to no avail.

Reactions: TroyMich and parkgt
Same here, precision landing varies. Yesterday, Was dead center from its first flight then next flight was off about 8-10 feet.

Earlier previous flights landing was close to pad to as far as 20-30 feet away, hit a miss. Maybe a future update will help. Maybe obstacle avoidance has something to do with this, it’s so sensitive. I’ll try it with obstacle avoidance off next few flights see if there’s a difference with RTH landing.

Paul

I always hover after takeoff at about 15 feet for 20 seconds minimum, so that's not the issue. This feature seems to be "all over the place" in current firmware.

I always hover after takeoff at about 15 feet for 20 seconds minimum, so that's not the issue. This feature seems to be "all over the place" in current firmware.
If its like the Evo 15 feet is not high enought. Try like 50.

Well I have had the same experience. Except it is off consistently about 2 to 4 feet from 30 inch circular landing pad. I always have to assist it to land. I would expect it to adjust on the way down but it does not seem to do any adjusting at any level over the target. I don't get it.

It probably doesn't use an optical image like the M2s do. Must be margin of error for GPS.

Have been flying E2P For last two weeks. Precision Landing should not even be an option in the App until Autel actually makes it work. I’ve been testing it extensively; no matter how many satellites I have (anywhere from 9 to 15). And no matter how high I hover or for how long,
the drone simply cannot land with any precision to it’s takeoff point.... varies from 1-25 feet away.... my three year old Mavic Pro Lands precisely on the landing pad EVERYTIME should I decide to use RTH all the way to landing. Has always been perfect. Hopefully Autel will resolve this in future firmware

Reactions: TroyMich and parkgt
Have been flying E2P For last two weeks. Precision Landing should not even be an option in the App until Autel actually makes it work. I’ve been testing it extensively; no matter how many satellites I have (anywhere from 9 to 15). And no matter how high I hover or for how long,
the drone simply cannot land with any precision to it’s takeoff point.... varies from 1-25 feet away.... my three year old Mavic Pro Lands precisely on the landing pad EVERYTIME should I decide to use RTH all the way to landing. Has always been perfect. Hopefully Autel will resolve this in future firmware
All of Autel drones have been this way.

My XSP is always within 2 feet or less. Always was right from the start too.

Well Agustine I saw that video too and it is encouraging or it might be a broken clock - right twice a day. I hope Ansia is not correct and if all of us who own a EVO II should just accept this as the way it is! I hope everyone who is having this same problem with their EVO II landings let their experience be known. From reading their literature I expect the electronics they have in the drone should have the EVO II perform more like the MAVIC AIR 2!

A lot of you guys seem to use the return home feature. I don't like to give up control of my drone deliberately ;-) Usually i fly it back manually land it in hand (Which by the way works better than with DJI drones). If there is a loss of contact, i stop it as soon as it reconnects. So It's no real issue for me. But i'm curious now. Will test it later this week.

A lot of you guys seem to use the return home feature. I don't like to give up control of my drone deliberately ;-) Usually i fly it back manually land it in hand (Which by the way works better than with DJI drones). If there is a loss of contact, i stop it as soon as it reconnects. So It's no real issue for me. But i'm curious now. Will test it later this week.

I agree but people like to get what is advertised. Some just love picking apart specs. I have better things to do like flying the darn thing. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays