Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO II Gimbal Cover Problem

TroyMich

Reaction score
Website
troymich.zenfolio.com
Ok I received the EVO II Pro and I spent 20 minutes fumbling with the gimbal cover. Is it me or is this very hard to get on and off even though it has just three contact points. Getting the camera to fit in where it supposed to go while trying to get the cover back on is almost a project in itself it seems as there is fear that I might put too much pressure on the camera. Is there a better way? This should be easy and for me it’s not!

With the cover facing forward, slip the cover loosely over the gimbal and attach the rear point to the lip of the frame first. Guide the gimbal forward if necessary before then giving a slight pinch to set the two forward points into place.
The key is to relax and treat the cover as a PRECIOUS and VITAL piece of your gear, which it is, and NOT as an annoyance ...like some YouTubers who get their "drones on loan" have a habit of doing

With the cover facing forward, slip the cover loosely over the gimbal and attach the rear point to the lip of the frame first. Guide the gimbal forward if necessary before then giving a slight pinch to set the two forward points into place.
The key is to relax and treat the cover as a PRECIOUS and VITAL piece of your gear, which it is, and NOT as an annoyance ...like some YouTubers who get their "drones on loan" have a habit of doing
Thanks for responding - I will give that a try. Just a little nervous tryinjg to make sure I don’t put any pressure on the camera head. By the way I have seen your videos on Youtube and have subscribed.

I had trouble the first time, it gets easier and it's way less finicky than my M2P was with the floppy hinge etc.

Is that regular EVO II or Pro? I find it pretty difficult to install cover on PRO camera. Because when powered off camera tilts lens down and it has to be parallel to the floor to slip into the cover

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials