Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II 640T v2 Enterprise thermal image quality

ODS

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to this forum and looking for a bit of guidance. I have had a couple of flights recently where I have been very disappointed with the thermal image quality. I suspect it has more to do with the operator than the technology...ambient temp 2C, winds gusting to 8km/h late afternoon with clear skies and alt approx 40'. The images are completely unusable and the thermal readings show 0.4C no matter where I point the drone. I attempted several FFC and adjusted the gain from auto to low and back again. Any thoughts would be most welcome! Cheers,

Attachments

• IRX_0008.jpg
    IRX_0008.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi all! I am new to this forum and looking for a bit of guidance. I have had a couple of flights recently where I have been very disappointed with the thermal image quality. I suspect it has more to do with the operator than the technology...ambient temp 2C, winds gusting to 8km/h late afternoon with clear skies and alt approx 40'. The images are completely unusable and the thermal readings show 0.4C no matter where I point the drone. I attempted several FFC and adjusted the gain from auto to low and back again. Any thoughts would be most welcome! Cheers,
Strange looking IR image. Did you try some more in the meantime? Could it be that the camera body was very cold during or prior to operation? Maybe freezing humidity?

That really looks like a sunburned image to me. Especially at the bottom with the tear streak going down.

Hi all! Thanks for the replies. This is a new drone - less than 10 flights and all in the late afternoon/early evening, so I don't suspect sensor damage. It was cool and I had flown the bird right after bringing it out of the house i.e. the drone and camera were warm so humidity or condensation may very likely be the culprit. I have since had more satisfactory images. Thanks again!

Hi all! Thanks for the replies. This is a new drone - less than 10 flights and all in the late afternoon/early evening, so I don't suspect sensor damage. It was cool and I had flown the bird right after bringing it out of the house i.e. the drone and camera were warm so humidity or condensation may very likely be the culprit. I have since had more satisfactory images. Thanks again!
Glad it resolved itself.

I thought it looked like a sunburned image because here is what happened to my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced when the sun happened to be in the background of a tower inspection.

1641701264638-png.141571
1677446849727.jpeg

What were you trying to image? The winds were way out of limits for thermal imaging. Not sure of the temperature operating restrictions of the 640, but my DJI XT2 would not allow usable information at 2’ C for some of our operations.
Ed

What were you trying to image? The winds were way out of limits for thermal imaging. Not sure of the temperature operating restrictions of the 640, but my DJI XT2 would not allow usable information at 2’ C for some of our operations.
Ed
Hi Ed, unfortunately, I was trying to image our own roof! There is a bald spot, evidenced by the melted snow and I wanted to get some idea from thermal imagery as to what was going on. I am interested in learning more on the imaging parameter's - is there a resource you could point me to? The manual simply states that the drone's temperature envelope is -10C to 40C so I was ASSUMING that imaging was possible in this range too. For comparison, in late fall I took this image and the bald spot is just to the left of the heating wire in the gully.

Attachments

• IRX_0008.jpg
    IRX_0008.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials