Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Flight Records Not Saving - iOS 12.4

399AGL

Reaction score
My records often don't save, or only save a few seconds of the flight. I'm on iOS 12 and the latest Explorer app version. Sometimes it works fine, but it would be great if flight records were reliable. Does anyone have similar experiences?

I just upgraded to 12.4. Tomorrow I will be doing some flying. I can report back then.
Ok thanks. I did 3 flights yesterday. The first one recorded fine, the second got 7 seconds, and the last didn't even register as a flight.

I'm going to keep an eye out to see if I can find a pattern. I don't think it's related to batteries since it's happened randomly with two different ones.

Looking forward to your experience.

Have you talked to anybody in Support about this? Were not flight records just brought out in iOS lately? Perhaps there are some problems to work out still.
Unfortunately, Autel will not change anything if you forget to inform them of the problems you encounter. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 399AGL
Have you talked to anybody in Support about this? Were not flight records just brought out in iOS lately? Perhaps there are some problems to work out still.
Unfortunately, Autel will not change anything if you forget to inform them of the problems you encounter. ;)
Good to know. I did reach out to them. I'll post any updates.

Are you running the beta or the official Explorer app? I am currently running beta.
I don't know how to get the beta. ? I just downloaded the app as is from the app store V1.0.87. I'm thinking I'd be a bit nervous running a beta version... Unless you think it's not a risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisgiles71
I don't know how to get the beta. ? I just downloaded the app as is from the app store. I'm thinking I'd be a bit nervous running a beta version...
Here is how to get the beta for iOS.

Why get nervous. The Explorer app does not control your Evo. Your controller does. If you input a command on the app and the Evo misbehaves, just spank it with the pause or RTH buttons. First time I used the Android version of a beta, the mission I assigned failed and my Evo went out to do god knows what. I just hit pause, then rth and got it back.

Here is how to get the beta for iOS.

Why get nervous. The Explorer app does not control your Evo. Your controller does. If you input a command on the app and the Evo misbehaves, just spank it with the pause or RTH buttons. First time I used the Android version of a beta, the mission I assigned failed and my Evo went out to do god knows what. I just hit pause, then rth and got it back.
Ah I see. I think I'll try it then. Thanks for spreading the knowledge.

I wanted to update this thread in case it's helpful in the future.

I installed the beta app and it's been saving the flight records better, but not 100% of the time. However, what's interesting is that when a flight isn't saved in the records, I can sync with the cloud which makes those missing records appear!

Reactions: Ansia
I flew some this weekend. I have the latest iOS 12.4, the beta app installed and all my logs appear. A difference might be that my iPhone isn't connected to a cell service. It is exclusively used for flying.

I flew some this weekend. I have the latest iOS 12.4, the beta app installed and all my logs appear. A difference might be that my iPhone isn't connected to a cell service. It is exclusively used for flying.
Same here actually. I use the iPhone only for flying. Next I think I need to troubleshoot is why waypoints upload get stuck at 30% when I first fly. I have to land, restart, and take off again, then on the second flight, waypoints get uploaded fine. I have a moody Evo. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
What is the difference between polygon and rectangular route as far as the views you get?

Also, what software-works best to 3D Map with the Evo?

The purpose of polygon is when you are interested to fly in specific areas without forcing the drone the drone to fly in un-needed areas, which wastes battery.

For me, Agisoft Metashape.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58