Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo drifting issue

macoman

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a common issue. But I flew the drone today at 6mph wind... Practically didn't feel any wind. My Evo have new props and I was surprised to see drifting in low wind and with GPS locked. I was kind of concern after flying over water.

Namely if at one point, he did not pick up the GPS to switch to Atti.
Could we see it on the flight log.

Reactions: macoman
My Evo has been known to say GPS on the app, but Starpoint on the controller, which means that even if it does have some satellites locked in, it does not have enough to hold position. Also, if you are flying over water and it doesn't have enough satellites, it will drift with the waves.

My Evo has been known to say GPS on the app, but Starpoint on the controller, which means that even if it does have some satellites locked in, it does not have enough to hold position. Also, if you are flying over water and it doesn't have enough satellites, it will drift with the waves.
In my controller was saying GPS locked and still drifting a little bit. When I started on and got GPS locked for the first time... It was solid like a rock on the air. It was after I flew over the Delaware river.

Last edited:
In my controller was saying GPS locked and still drifting a little bit. When I started on and got GPS locked for the first time... It was solid like a rock on the air. It was after I flew over the Delaware river.
I believe there is a sensor on the bottom, just like the DJI stuff to help see the ground below to be able to see if the drone is steady. Maybe the water messed with that sensor, since water is reflecting and moving, and low texture, etc

Reactions: Orv and macoman
Controller is very generous on GPS locked, tap the top display and see how many Satellites you have.

Try to fly your drone on solid ground and see if it still drifts.

Controller is very generous on GPS locked, tap the top display and see how many Satellites you have.
He can't. He doesn't use a phone as a screen.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller