Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo disassembly instructions

Thomas Noble

Reaction score
I need to repair my evos left front rotor arm, and need to disassemble the body. I have it mostly apart but the orange front hood when pried up sticks. In front, it appears to be still attached and I don't want to risk more damage to the hood. Does anyone have or had experience with the evo disassembly? I would appreciate any feedback and help. Thanks.

I need to repair my evos left front rotor arm, and need to disassemble the body. I have it mostly apart but the orange front hood when pried up sticks. In front, it appears to be still attached and I don't want to risk more damage to the hood. Does anyone have or had experience with the evo disassembly? I would appreciate any feedback and help. Thanks.
I just replaced my left rear motor and control arm assembly, and will be uploading an instruction guide on how to fully disassemble and reassemble the quad due to the need for fully disassembling to just replace something so simple like a control arm or motor. I thought it was a bit ridiculous but it's apparently essential to this somewhat major repair. I should hopefully have it up today or tomorrow because it's not something that can just be explained and I'm a kinesthetic learner / teacher and need to be doing it to essentially explain it in the correct steps.

This is great I am to a place on disassembly and have the orange top popped loose and can not seem to get the front of the hood to come loose, I would appreciate your help on this so much. My Evo is sadly half apart on my counter. Thank you.

I just replaced my left rear motor and control arm assembly, and will be uploading an instruction guide on how to fully disassemble and reassemble the quad due to the need for fully disassembling to just replace something so simple like a control arm or motor. I thought it was a bit ridiculous but it's apparently essential to this somewhat major repair. I should hopefully have it up today or tomorrow because it's not something that can just be explained and I'm a kinesthetic learner / teacher and need to be doing it to essentially explain it in the correct steps.

Have you ever put that post up about Evo Disassembly, my Evo is still in the half way apart mode, I would really appreciate your help on this. Maybe you can just tell me how to remove the orange hood, that is what I will call it. Thank you again if you can help.

Reactions: DRONEvate
man i thought it would find help here. but i made it farther than you already, anyways, carefully pop the badge off the front, and theres a gold screw behind it, i swear they put more into designing it to be broken than to function

how do you get the heat sink off the bottom? its glued.... also if someone takes theirs apart, please take a pic of where each screw goes as they are alot of diff lengths

Have you ever put that post up about Evo Disassembly, my Evo is still in the half way apart mode, I would really appreciate your help on this. Maybe you can just tell me how to remove the orange hood, that is what I will call it. Thank you again if you can help.
53E9BC48-5F36-4B91-BDF4-EAB461AEE54E.jpeg

Yeah we didnt get an in depth video disassembly tutorial from him bc he kinesthetically broke his sh$! Lol im a bmw master tech and i struggled not to Break it. Buti did successfully remove the unremovable camera without cuttilg the video cables

Attachments

• E94889B5-815D-423C-A352-0A0D679FA2C8.jpeg
    E94889B5-815D-423C-A352-0A0D679FA2C8.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 59
Can one or more of you guys create a repair or disassembly guide on ifixit.com? That's a great place to archive these experiences and let others benefit from it who need to do some work on their EVO themselves. That's an awesome site and it got me through the repair of my iPhone 6S Plus. Did it myself with their help and their neat little tool kit with all those tiny little specialty tools many manufacturers use to discourage DIY repair jobs. Had that thing completely all apart all over my desk, replaced a component and got it back together again AND IT WORKED!

wondering if you found anything on tearing down the evo i cant hardly find anything did u or could you maybe help me out with wat i need to do please

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_230430.jpg
    IMG_20210506_230430.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Well is the cable ok, looks like you are going to need parts and this probably will be the hardest part of fixing it, I have found the parts that I needed and have not had the time to put back together. If you look hard you may find someone that will sale a Camara that has a cable on it. It's hard to tell from the pick what is broken, get some better picture of what appears wrong.

Yeah we didnt get an in depth video disassembly tutorial from him bc he kinesthetically broke his sh$! Lol im a bmw master tech and i struggled not to Break it. Buti did successfully remove the unremovable camera without cuttilg the video cables
Why don't you put a video on YouTube it sure get a lot of hits. No one has a video so there is you about 10000 views thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d