Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO beeps following crash

Steverino

Reaction score
My EVO I crashed into concrete from about 30 ft up. It hit hard and broke the camera but otherwise there's no obvious damage. However, the EVO won't power on except for the fan and a beeping noise. When I power up, it has a steady beep that soon changes to an alternating beep and then changes again to making a quick series of three beeps with the last beep sounding a slightly different tone. It continues to do that indefinitely. I disassembled it and could not find any loose or broken parts or cables and everything looked fine. I disconnected the camera cables in case they were shorting out because it should still fly even without the camera. I suspected maybe the firmware had gotten corrupt so I attempted to flash the firmware but it won't do that either. I contacted Alltel support and asked them what this meant and they just simply said to ship the drone back to them for repair. However, I'd love to be able to repair it myself if possible. I have an extra camera that I can use to repair the camera so the broken camera shouldn't be an issue for me. Does anyone know what the beeping means? Is there some kind of inertia switch that got triggered from the crash into the concrete that could be reset? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I'm just going off memory- but Ithink the manual tells you what the beeps mean, if you can make sense of the order and length of them and compare.

Also, I'm really sorry your drone crashed. Mine crashed into a tree last night. I've never crashed a drone so much lol.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the manual and the beeps mentioned are from the remote control and not from the drone itself. I couldn't find anything about the aircraft itself beeping.

I'm just going off memory- but Ithink the manual tells you what the beeps mean, if you can make sense of the order and length of them and compare.

Also, I'm really sorry your drone crashed. Mine crashed into a tree last night. I've never crashed a drone so much lol.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the manual and the beeps mentioned are from the remote control and not from the drone itself. I couldn't find anything about the aircraft itself beeping.
Ah Shoot- I didn't remember that part. I think you should ask tech support, they will know.

My EVO I crashed into concrete from about 30 ft up. It hit hard and broke the camera but otherwise there's no obvious damage. However, the EVO won't power on except for the fan and a beeping noise. When I power up, it has a steady beep that soon changes to an alternating beep and then changes again to making a quick series of three beeps with the last beep sounding a slightly different tone. It continues to do that indefinitely. I disassembled it and could not find any loose or broken parts or cables and everything looked fine. I disconnected the camera cables in case they were shorting out because it should still fly even without the camera. I suspected maybe the firmware had gotten corrupt so I attempted to flash the firmware but it won't do that either. I contacted Alltel support and asked them what this meant and they just simply said to ship the drone back to them for repair. However, I'd love to be able to repair it myself if possible. I have an extra camera that I can use to repair the camera so the broken camera shouldn't be an issue for me. Does anyone know what the beeping means? Is there some kind of inertia switch that got triggered from the crash into the concrete that could be reset? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Hi
Did you ever find out what the beeps are? I have the same issue

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller