Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo app won't let me turn on camera

CajunArson

Reaction score
I have a first-gen Autel Evo with the latest firmware & Android app. Recently, the app has refused to let me do any control of the camera settings or to even turn the camera on and off. The settings are all grayed out.

Note: The camera works, streaming of the video signal back to the remote control and the camera app works fine too. If I just use the remote control by itself, I can record video or take pictures fine, but I lose the extra settings that are only available in the app. The problem is that the app won't let me actually control the camera.

I've tried deleting & reinstalling the app with no success.

Has anybody else encountered this bug?

Reactions: ted1970
I have a first-gen Autel Evo with the latest firmware & Android app. Recently, the app has refused to let me do any control of the camera settings or to even turn the camera on and off. The settings are all grayed out.

Note: The camera works, streaming of the video signal back to the remote control and the camera app works fine too. If I just use the remote control by itself, I can record video or take pictures fine, but I lose the extra settings that are only available in the app. The problem is that the app won't let me actually control the camera.

They have said there is a bug in the Android version for EVO 1 users and they are working on it. In the meantime, roll back to a previous version All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals 1.1.3.9 is the last "combo" version that all functions work as intended with the EVO 1. That's what I did and everything is fine. Don't think I'll even upgrade at all when the "fixed" Android update comes out

Thanks! I sideloaded the old version in the field today and was back in business. I've turned off auto-updates until it gets fixed.

Given that support for the old Evo is going away, I'll keep flying mine as long as I can.

Cajunfire, thank you for posting, Mr T, thank you for the "fix".

Weird problem to have with Autel, but I found that in a pinch, if I unplugged the phone and use the RC display, I could modify camera settings. Still unnerving to not see or control the camera from the app.

Guess that with the EVO I, I shouldn't wait up for an update to the app. Who knew that a $1000+ product wouldn't see support 3 years after release. Makes me wonder if upgrading to the II is worth it, if it will meet the same fate when the next model is released.

I haven't flown for a while and am having the same problem. I'm trying to get hold of the 1.1.3.9 version of the app. Does anyone have it? Is this all we need to do, just revert back to an earlier version of the app?

Reactions: ted1970

Yes! This morning! What the heck!? Getting a freaking iphone. Never have issues when attached to my iPad or ancient iphone 5s that is no longer connected to cell service. Totally messed up this morning's flying!

Yep, there are plenty of bugs on latest version of Autel Explorer (for android) with Autel Evo 1, as it is intended for Autel Evo 2.
Did a downgrade on Autel Explorer (anything before 07/2021 should work) and it all came back as good as before.
Here you go:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials