Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2X Zoom

alekaras

Reaction score
Obviously by going 2X Zoom in 4K you will see some noise, but does anyone know if the 2X Zoom shooting 1080p is lossless?

Well, that sucks. Anyone know if a FW update can address this? Not being able to do lossless zoom (even in 1080p) is a big dealbreaker.

Unlikely. Autel clearly describe it as a digital zoom.
Right, but you can still have lossless digital zoom, much like the Anafi and M2Z in 1080p. I was wondering whether this is something that can be FW-enabled.

You can't have lossless digital zoom on one image. The Anafi switched from a low-res video to a higher-res image to achieve its zoom. Arguably, that isn't a digital zoom but a resolution switch.

You can't have lossless digital zoom on one image. The Anafi switched from a low-res video to a higher-res image to achieve its zoom. Arguably, that isn't a digital zoom but a resolution switch.
If you're shooting in 1080p, you are essentially shooting in a lower res than the what the camera supports, right? So getting lossless zoom in 1080p should be doable, no?

Indeed, a lossless zoom effect can be achieved using the Anafi method but that isn't offered in the EVO. Maybe in a future model…

Obviously by going 2X Zoom in 4K you will see some noise, but does anyone know if the 2X Zoom shooting 1080p is lossless?
It should be possible in my opinion. I will try it out in 720p and see if I get lossless zoom at that low resolution. I just wish there was a smooth zoom like on Anafi. But for now, I would just try to fly closer to your subject.

It should be possible in my opinion. I will try it out in 720p and see if I get lossless zoom at that low resolution. I just wish there was a smooth zoom like on Anafi. But for now, I would just try to fly closer to your subject.
Which is exactly what I am trying to avoid. :)

Looking forward to what results you get. Try in 1080p also. Should work there too.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller