Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 (V3) Webinar Jan 10th, McBride and Warnas

I had a conflicting meeting come up at the same time last minute but caught the last 30%...
Seems the Evo Max will end up being the "Evo3" as they iron out the bugs with the smaller enterprise user-base... then re-package the EvoMax as EvoMax Pro, ExoMax RTK Mapping, EvoMax SAR/LAW, etc... that is my thought anyway.

Evo2Pro V3 must be the last iteration then I assume the different models will be derivatives of the Max airframe. The Evo Light and Nano fit the Intermediate and beginner/ultra-portable segments well so the larger frame of the Max can take on the heavy lifting or more pro photography/videography.

Imagine a mapping mission being run with 2-3 Evo-Max's flying lines in parallel and all communicating together into the new 'Enterprise' mapping app. Quicker mapping, more work..

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
same here; on and off while doing other things. my focus is on the consumer side and i keep hearing the new lightweight smart controller will eventually work with lite/nano. will watch the replay over again which should land in 24 hrs.

anyone else attended besides me? comments?
No mention of software improvement. Highlighting more robust hardware that can offer more comprehensive software is not the same as the software itself being improved. At this point, Autel talk is not worth much. Jon and his team are well-meaning. But they don't get to decide to improve the software. That comes from Max.

Apparently there is a new Enterprise app on its way that the V3's can use when it arrives... maybe they have been funneling all their resources into this bird. Time will tell.

So, what about the consumer SE controller firmware update regarding the spontaneous discharging of the controller battery while it is plugged into the control unit and sits overnight? Autel puts out new products but can't fix their existing product problems.

The revision you are referencing was put out but no mention it was for the enterprise or consumer products.
I am not sure what you mean by Enterprise App. Can you clarify this please?

The revision you are referencing was put out but no mention it was for the enterprise or consumer products.
I was referencing Detritalgeo original message about the Enterprise application.

I am angry, no, I am PO'd with Autel right now.

I was sold an "Enterprise" based product without documentation and based on some of the features I have seen in the V2 model. Now I have purchased the V3 and Smart Controller and some of those features are missing. I also need to create large waypoint missions for law enforcement purposes and cannot edit the missions. I also have ZERO documentation on the IR camera settings. I am looking for help right now and have emails into Autel to tell them to get off their asses or I am going to a competing product.
Sorry, I am pretty much in the dark.

Reactions: EBERLS
This is a follow-up provided by Randall, answering additional questions from the webinar;

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for registering and/or attending the Autel webinar I hosted yesterday with Jon McBride. The attendees were extremely engaged, and Jon did what he does best and gave very transparent and clear information about the Autel line of products. To view the recording please see the link below:
https://youtu.be/IIu9ADczbAI

Also, we received nearly 100 questions during the webinar. Below are some of those questions with a brief answer provided by Autel. If you have further questions please feel free to reach out to me or our team at [email protected]. Thanks for all the support, and we hope to bring you more webinars like this in the near future!

Updates:
When will we see Smart Controller SE firmware updates? Q2
Will you be sharing information regarding the mesh system and mobile awareness kit? More information coming in Q2.
Does the Evo II v3 and Max have EU remote ID and EU certification? Yes
Can we get a mechanical shutter from Autel? To be determined

App and Features:
The Enterprise App is not replacing the Explorer app, but will only work with v3 aircrafts.
Will the mesh network work with the Evo II v3? No
Can I remove RID capabilities from my aircraft? No
Is there a plan to integrate with Raptor Maps? It is on the roadmap
Does Autel intend to add geofencing to its airframes? No
Can you use the Trimble R8s GPS receiver with the Evo II v3 RTK? Yes
Can you import a KML file to use as a limit to define the flight area? Yes, you can do this with the Enterprise App using the v3 or Max
Do you have a list of third-party apps that work with the Evo II v3? No, but I will request it
Can the C2 and image frequencies switch off bad frequencies to good ones? Yes it switches automatically to maintain the strongest connection

Support:
Any chance of having higher tiered support for the more professional class of airframes? This is in the works.
How is Autel planning to better support their customers? Customer service is on of our main priorities in 2023 as we truly understand the importance of aftersales support. We plan to increase the size of our customer service team.

Max 4T:
What is the IP rating for the Max? IP43
When is Max going to be available? Pre-orders will begin next week
Will Max have remote ID from the start? Yes
When can I have a hand-on opportunity with the Max or Evo II v3? Demo units of the Max will be available toward the end of Q1
What is the wind resistance spec for the Max? 27mph
What is required to change the payload on the Max? Two screws which are easily accessible
What is the date of availability for the Max? April 1st
Can you get R-JPEGs from the thermal imager? Yes
What is the price for the Max? $8,999
Where can I buy the Evo Max? This is sold through all authorized Autel Robotics Enterprise dealers. We recommend getting in touch with Enterprise UAS ([email protected])

--
Randall Warnas
Executive Vice President
p:801-604-9879
a:19850 Nordhoff Place, Chatsworth, CA 91311
w:enterpriseuas.com

Apparently there is a new "Autel Enterprise" app that will be released when the Max 4T starts shipping. The webinar info indicated that the Evo2 V3 would be supported by this new app as well.

I would imagine most of the app functionality will be to support the new hardware in the Max 4T...

1675191521545.png
1675191666583.png
1675191731954.png
1675191774415.png
1675191833242.png

I was referencing Detritalgeo original message about the Enterprise application.

I am angry, no, I am PO'd with Autel right now.

I was sold an "Enterprise" based product without documentation and based on some of the features I have seen in the V2 model. Now I have purchased the V3 and Smart Controller and some of those features are missing. I also need to create large waypoint missions for law enforcement purposes and cannot edit the missions. I also have ZERO documentation on the IR camera settings. I am looking for help right now and have emails into Autel to tell them to get off their asses or I am going to a competing product.
Sorry, I am pretty much in the dark.
I am sorry for the problems you are having. AR has many issues. Software as well as poor product use information. I Hope AR is working on these issues. I can appreciate your frustrations.

Apparently there is a new "Autel Enterprise" app that will be released when the Max 4T starts shipping. The webinar info indicated that the Evo2 V3 would be supported by this new app as well.

I would imagine most of the app functionality will be to support the new hardware in the Max 4T...

View attachment 15592
View attachment 15593
View attachment 15594
View attachment 15595
View attachment 15597
Will the new mission planning app also support V2 and V3 Enterprise Evo 2 models?

Will the new mission planning app also support V2 and V3 Enterprise Evo 2 models?
from post #12 above:

'The Enterprise App is not replacing the Explorer app, but will only work with v3 aircrafts.'

no idea if the enhanced mapping features will make their way to the Explorer app... I would imagine it can be easily be done and is a decision for Autel management to either alienate existing users to try and force a few reluctant upgrades or provide some benefit to the existing installed user-base and enjoy some good-faith sales...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d