Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro

But you are really sick with the Geo-fence, you make it an obsession. I have been flying on Dji since 2015, Inspire 1 and 2, Phantom, Mavic 2 pro, never a geo-fence has prevented me from flying. You just have to know where and how you fly.
Anyway, don't worry, geo-fencing is also in EVO's, and Autel just has to activate them when governments ask for it. Moreover, they are already active among our friends in Asia.
And you will see your song again.

For me the Evo 2 is not superior, it is mounted on an old platform from 2015 and is not worthy of the current flight functions.
For that DJI has a lot of lead.

Reactions: parkgt and Cicero24
But you are really sick with the Geo-fence, you make it an obsession. I have been flying on Dji since 2015, Inspire 1 and 2, Phantom, Mavic 2 pro, never a geo-fence has prevented me from flying. You just have to know where and how you fly.
Anyway, don't worry, geo-fencing is also in EVO's, and Autel just has to activate them when governments ask for it. Moreover, they are already active among our friends in Asia.
And you will see your song again.

For me the Evo 2 is not superior, it is mounted on an old platform from 2015 and is not worthy of the current flight functions.
For that DJI has a lot of lead.
I whole heardedly disagree with you!
I lost 2 paying gigs with my Mavic recently even with the RPAS authorization and the authorization both times from DJI the night before. I got to location the next day and wham. DJI still restricted Me even though I had permission from Transport Canada and DJI. I was in an airport zone but no matter. I had permission to fly with my licence.
Luckily my pilot friend was able to help me out with his Autel Evo 2 pro and I was able to complete the gig, albeit two hours later.
I just cannot rely on DJI anymore because of this. The video and picture quality is mind boggling. It blows the Mavic out of the water.
I have been flying drones professionally since 2013 with DJI and this geo fencing crap should be a wake up call for serious people. If they mandate it for Autel at some point, we will deal with it then. Hopefully it will be more reliable than DJI.
I also own an Inspire 2 kit and Matrice M210 RTK. I haven’t run into issues with them yet re geo fencing, but I could if I’m near an airport . It’s just that I’m ticked off with DJI now because of their unrelliability with respect to allowing to fly in geo fenced areas. What would you do in this sItuation? You’d be furious too!
Also did a small gig with the Mini 2 and same thing. Can’t trust them because of a glitch. Last Fall I did a Mavic shoot right by the runway at Toronto Pearson airport for the airport and that time it worked. You never know.

The video quality of EVO 2 Pro is great BUT has few Problems:
-You should use Manual Focus as AF is crap and losing focus randomly ruining the footage :(
-Strong flares in a certain condition, as well as awful props shadows like on broken old TV :(
-some flickering in many cases :(
-Very bad compression artefacts in clouds :(

Other than that I like it a lot and prefer footage from Evo, but there some cases I want to throw it ;) :)

Reactions: parkgt
Have you updated the latest firmware? I haven’t seen any of these issues.
You should always shoot in manual focus anyway.
Perhaps the unit you have is flawed ?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller