Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro props

jdd7057

Reaction score
Trying to find out if the prop screw or nut is supposed to be tightened periodically?

Ok, just wasn't sure if they are supposed to be tightened or a risk they could work lose and sling a blade. Thanks

I put a tiny slice of coloured duck tape over the screws. Initially this was done for identification of the props. As we have multiple drones in the team and all stuff marked yellow belongs to my kit. However this also means the screws you refer to are fixated ;-)IMG_2085.JPG

I put a tiny slice of coloured duck tape over the screws. Initially this was done for identification of the props. As we have multiple drones in the team and all stuff marked yellow belongs to my kit. However this also means the screws you refer to are fixated ;-)
Why not just keep the parts of your kit with your aircraft instead of modifying a balanced rotational flight component? If you have to store your props together, then just use a zip lock bag marked for each aircraft.

I put a tiny slice of coloured duck tape over the screws. Initially this was done for identification of the props. As we have multiple drones in the team and all stuff marked yellow belongs to my kit. However this also means the screws you refer to are fixated ;-)View attachment 12725

I understand your desire to keep your things organized but the props are already identified as to which position they go on the aircraft. They are marked with circular arrows and others have no marking depending on their positioning on which motor they go.

But hey, if it works for you and makes your flights easier and more organized with less chances for mistakes and keeps your flight safe, then go for it!

oh dear forum members, it's clear how people read posts poorly, misinterpret a detail and then post ignorant replies to the details missing relevance to the bigger picture.

All this is totally off topic, as I mentioned to secure the screws on props the tiny piece of duck tape serves a secondary purpose. Let me point out this was the answer to original question asked by Jdd.

Now for those that still wonder or don't understand why I applied yellow duck tape:

All my props are marked yellow not for positioning them on the aircraft, but to make sure all six (3 sets) go back into the case marked yellow, together with the RC marked yellow, hence the aircraft and cables from my kit all are marked yellow with a slice of yellow tape. Tiny tape slices are so light weight they don't cause any imbalance to the flight behavior. In fact the only things not marked with tape in my case are the batteries, these are numbered and dated for keeping a detailed flight log and we deliberately can interexchange them between crew members.

If a colleague borrows a spare set of props or a cable from my set, I am sure I will get my items back at the end of the day. That was the primary function of the yellow tape. Now Jdd can close the topic ;-)

Last edited:
oh dear forum members, it's clear how people read posts bad, misinterpret a detail and then post ignorant replies to the details missing relevance to the bigger picture.

All this is totally off topic, as I mentioned to secure the screws on props the tiny piece of duck tape serves a secondary purpose.

Let me point out this was the answer to original question asked by Jdd.

Now for those that still wonder or don't understand why I applied yellow duck tape:

All my props are marked yellow not for positioning them on the aircraft, but to make sure all six (3 sets) go back into the case marked yellow, together with the RC marked yellow, hence the aircraft and cables from my kit all are marked yellow with a slice of yellow tape. Tiny tape slices are so light weight they don't cause any imbalance to the flight behavior. In fact the only things not marked with tape in my case are the batteries, these are numbered and dated for keeping a detailed flight log and we deliberately can interexchange them between crew members.

If a colleague borrows a spare set of props or a cable from my set, I am sure I will get my items back at the end of the day. That was the primary function of the yellow tape. Now Jdd can close the topic ;-)
This certainly makes good sense to me..... great idea!

Reactions: Saladshooter

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy