Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro HDR

BeeRAD56

Reaction score
I'm trying understand why my videos look over exposed and washed out when I use the HDR function? They look substantially better with HDR off.

Video settings on my E2P are:
4k, 30 fps, EV @0, WB 5700, color profile = none

Thanks for any insight?

This drone seems to overexpose and blow out highlights. I usually find myself shooting to the left most of the time. I mostly shoot manual, in LOG, and shoot to the left from what the drone thinks is exposed and find that the footage turns out better than letting the drone assume.

Fwiw, here is a clip shot last evening with 6K camera, 4K 30fps 1/30 2.8 log and hdr on with wb daylight, neutral style, minimal post process (e.g. resolve auto) and export at 1K.

I'm trying understand why my videos look over exposed and washed out when I use the HDR function? They look substantially better with HDR off.

Video settings on my E2P are:
4k, 30 fps, EV @0, WB 5700, color profile = none

Thanks for any insight?
The histogram needs to be interpreted accordingly, you need to dig a little in how the image is formed on each profile.
Just as info: Blown Highlights? No! The information is there, but you need to go to HDR mode and see it...your monitor is just not with enough NITS to display it. HDR have a base of 1000 nits, i believe 95% of users here does not have 4000 nits monitors for editing as they cost 7-8000 usd....
So...in order to use it on 4-500 nits TV's with HDR or monitors, you need to edit it with a base HDR of 400 nits (or what nits you have, check monitor specs =>>> NITS = CD/m2).
Also in LOG and HDR you do NOT check the alignment of histogram to LEFT, but to RIGHT for highlights, as like HLG formats...You will deal with Highlights and the details from them, not with blacks, as you do not have blacks in image (all is washed out), so you need to see that histogram does not have over highs.
Is about editing, the HDR profile contains information with a very wide range but you need to adjust it correctly for your monitor type.
Check FaceBook: Autel Poland, I have given them the full tips and you can have it there, the admin posted also his own work in there.
Cheers.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials