Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pro controller to cell phone USB port

Richard Hunt

Reaction score
Good day to anyone who can help me.
I have a Samsung cell phone with a type c port. The cable that came with the Evo 2 pro controller is a micro USB type. Can I use a type C to micro USB adapter?
Thank you :)

Attachments

• 20211221_150252.jpg
    20211221_150252.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 5
USB-A port is arguably the better Standard Controller port for connecting your phone as it has the same Explorer function. I haven't used the Micro port for anything besides charging since taking delivery of actual USB-A to USB-C right angle plugs. (China-import 1' long cables are readily available, I like actual USB-3.1 speed shielded ones for their not generating or receiving RFI. I also won't hate life so much while trying to transfer files from a USB-C SSD bay to my PC using it when grabbed from the random stack of cables. They're a little harder to find on eBay or Amazon than 480 Mbps ones, but available at under $5 each.) The original down-angle Autel supplied cable is fragile by comparison, and any number of folks seem to damage or lose that one too soon. Most recently, I'm using a Galaxy Tab S6 with a McDodo coiled USB-A to USB-C right angle cord, though it's only USB-2.0 speed rated. (USB 2.0 is fast enough for the 1080p video feed, and I'm not as concerned for RF with the tablet I use being farther away and the cable being coiled).

USB-A port is arguably the better Standard Controller port for connecting your phone as it has the same Explorer function. I haven't used the Micro port for anything besides charging since taking delivery of actual USB-A to USB-C right angle plugs. (China-import 1' long cables are readily available, I like actual USB-3.1 speed shielded ones for their not generating or receiving RFI. I also won't hate life so much while trying to transfer files from a USB-C SSD bay to my PC using it when grabbed from the random stack of cables. They're a little harder to find on eBay or Amazon than 480 Mbps ones, but available at under $5 each.) The original down-angle Autel supplied cable is fragile by comparison, and any number of folks seem to damage or lose that one too soon. Most recently, I'm using a Galaxy Tab S6 with a McDodo coiled USB-A to USB-C right angle cord, though it's only USB-2.0 speed rated. (USB 2.0 is fast enough for the 1080p video feed, and I'm not as concerned for RF with the tablet I use being farther away and the cable being coiled).
Excellent advice, thanks for your input and will def try that......

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58