Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Pro and Autel Smart Controller v2

Liver

Reaction score
How do I connect an EVO 2 Pro V1 (for sure) and a Smart Controller V2?

I’ve updated everything I can. The aircraft has latest firmware, the tablet has latest tablet version and latest app version.

I followed the directions via the general settings then the remote control and then the pairing. I put the aircraft in pairing mode prior to all that (fast blinking green light).

What else can I try?

Last edited:
Putting it another way, should i read that the Smart Controller V2 is not backward compatible with the EVO 2 Pro V1?

edit. I did not know any of this when I bought the controller. Doing some more research, the information is out there.

Nice read on the what and why.

Last edited:
Putting it another way, should i read that the Smart Controller V2 is not backward compatible with the EVO 2 Pro V1?

edit. I did not know any of this when I bought the controller. Doing some more research, the information is out there.

Nice read on the what and why.
As they are different hardware and not software, V2 and V1 are incompatible both ways.

Reactions: edgardcafe
What I have read is that because of a chip shortage, Autel had to go to a replacement chip set for V2 and therefore V1 and V2 devices are incompatible.

If it is the case you have an AE2 that you're sure is a V1 but you're not sure the Smart Controller is a V2-- you're in a different predicament. ( Did someone sell you both of these purporting them to work together?) If you actually have a version 1 Smart Controller, there's one other thing that comes up occasionally. If the AE2 V1 was paired with a Live Deck previously, it won't update FW until it's unpaired from the Live Deck.

Do you have a Standard Controller that works and pairs with the AE2?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles