Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 pause button malfunction

CNelly

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had an interesting event and wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I was in the middle of surveying 1300 acres of oyster beds during negative tides. We were basically racing against the tides. So I had a mission that intersected with the next mission and ended at the intersection so to save time and battery I moved my location with the intention of pressing the pause button and manually land the drone. Once the mission completed I pressed the pause button on the controller and the "cancel RTH" multiple times with no audible or physical response. I did try to press and hold them as well. At this point in time I did not have any low battery warnings but I knew if it got to the home location it would . So the drone headed back to its original take off position where the water had most likley risen at 22 mph. Much faster than we could get there in our boat. By the time we got to it the drone was submerged in about 6 inches of salt water. I sent the drone and flight logs to Autel, as of right now they are re reviewing the logs and my account. Their initial response was the drone was to damaged to be repaired and gave me a quote for a new one. Well I knew that the drone was not repairable. I am trying to get it replaced under their warranty. The initial response said they did not see any press of the button on the flight logs. Which makes complete sense as I got again no audible or physical response. I hope they do the right thing as I personally love the EVO ll and have flown it over 4,000 miles already ! Has anyone else experienced this issue if so please let me know what Autels actions for you were if any.

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Hello everyone,
I had an interesting event and wanted to see if any one else has had this happen to them. I was in the middle of surveying 1300 acres of oyster beds during negative tides. We were basically racing against the tides. So I had a mission that intersected with the next mission and ended at the intersection so to save time and battery I moved my location with the intention of pressing the pause button and manually land the drone. Once the mission completed I pressed the pause button on the controller and the "cancel RTH" multiple times with no audible or physical response. I did try to press and hold them as well. At this point in time I did not have any low battery warnings but I knew if it got to the home location it would . So the drone headed back to its original take off position where the water had most likley risen at 22 mph. Much faster than we could get there in our boat. By the time we got to it the drone was submerged in about 6 inches of salt water. I sent the drone and flight logs to Autel, as of right now they are re reviewing the logs and my account. Their initial response was the drone was to damaged to be repaired and gave me a quote for a new one. Well I knew that the drone was not repairable. I am trying to get it replaced under their warranty. The initial response said they did not see any press of the button on the flight logs. Which makes complete sense as I got again no audible or physical response. I hope they do the right thing as I personally love the EVO ll and have flown it over 4,000 miles already ! Has anyone else experienced this issue if so please let me know what Autels actions for you were if any.

Could be the physical button on the remote. Can you feel it click or act like its hitting that circuit? Maybe the post on the button isn't hitting the membrane that sends the key. Especially if that key doesn't show in the logs, I would suspect a broken remote. The RTH and the take off button should have the same feel to them.

Could be the physical button on the remote. Can you feel it click or act like its hitting that circuit? Maybe the post on the button isn't hitting the membrane that sends the key. Especially if that key doesn't show in the logs, I would suspect a broken remote. The RTH and the take off button should have the same feel to them.
The pause button worked before and after . Just unfortunately not at that time. The cancel rth in the app also didn't work . The remote is only a few months old and I take extremely good care of my equipment. It was acting as if I had no signal but that was not the case.

The pause button worked before and after . Just unfortunately not at that time. The cancel rth in the app also didn't work . The remote is only a few months old and I take extremely good care of my equipment. It was acting as if I had no signal but that was not the case.

Maybe the app locked up. You using firmware 2.5.0? The app locks up a ton with that version.

Maybe the app locked up. You using firmware 2.5.0? The app locks up a ton with that version.
I'll have to check as I did an update that morning and don't remember but that does sound right.

If the App locked up you wouldn't see entries in the log maybe. Not sure what the procedure is to pull the logs off the drone itself. But the file on your phone/tablet could be inaccurate if the app locked.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials