Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO 2 firmware update on EVO 1?

WmLaneCLE

Reaction score
I fired up the EVO 1 today and got notified a firmware update was available. Before doing anything I googled it and determined it was the firmware for the EVO 2. I just ignored it. Sort of surprised I got that. 539C4A55-6300-41C3-BF32-69FDB9A67708.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
I would suggest to the AUTEL EVO engineer's who are writing their firmware updates that they include an Application Programming Interface (API), a simple piece of code that can read the AUTEL EVO's chip-set, and if it's not a version 2, then the update will not continue and alert will be displayed to the owner. So simple to do. With C++, this would be a very small code snippet.

According to the Autel website V2.7.25 is the correct and most current firmware for the Autel Evo 2 V1.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 9.49.16 AM.png

No Evo 1 owners (or trolls) should be allowed by this forum to feign indignity about the end-of-life support for the Evo 1 (announced 6 months ahead of time).

• Haha
Reactions: flyingfool
I would suggest to the AUTEL EVO engineer's who are writing their firmware updates that they include an Application Programming Interface (API), a simple piece of code that can read the AUTEL EVO's chip-set, and if it's not a version 2, then the update will not continue and alert will be displayed to the owner. So simple to do. With C++, this would be a very small code snippet.
I couldn't agree more. This just goes to show you that Autel management just doesn't care. Their lastest app version completely broke the ability to use the camera. Think about that for just a minute and let it seriously sink in. It means that someone didn't bother to test their app before release. Crazy. It makes me wonder if the 5 of my 7 batteries are actually still good. And it's their code that's designating them as bad batteries. Now that they are getting rid of NFZ and forcing flight restrictions, I think I may start having another look at DJI even though every fiber of my being is saying don't.

Reactions: G_G
No Evo 1 owners (or trolls) should be allowed by this forum to feign indignity about the end-of-life support for the Evo 1 (announced 6 months ahead of time).
Nor the the bargains on the remaining new EVO 1 batteries recently seen at Best Buy! $25 each!

I couldn't agree more. This just goes to show you that Autel management just doesn't care. Their lastest app version completely broke the ability to use the camera. Think about that for just a minute and let it seriously sink in. It means that someone didn't bother to test their app before release. Crazy. It makes me wonder if the 5 of my 7 batteries are actually still good. And it's their code that's designating them as bad batteries. Now that they are getting rid of NFZ and forcing flight restrictions, I think I may start having another look at DJI even though every fiber of my being is saying don't.
I would suggest going with Skydio or any other American made (hardware and software) drone, or build your own. DJI is getting hammered in the news today on CCP software security issues. My brother who worked at Camp Peary recently used several Skydio 2 drones. There is a "Blue-list" that our government lists out the foreign drone manufacturers on a pending (current also) chopping block. In my opinion, I think our DOD and justice department will be shutting down DJI in the near future as a result of current and escalating geopolitical and military global events. It's not about the hardware, it's about the DJI App. To your point: I agree. I think Autel has it's work cut out for it with the next generation - if they get there. If you look at their careers posting website they have a ton of software engineer job openings.

Nor the the bargains on the remaining new EVO 1 batteries recently seen at Best Buy! $25 each!
That's over. They are $100 again EACH at Best Buy!

Last edited:
That's over. They are $100 again EACH
They have been going on and off sale for the last 6 weeks or so. They'll be back on sale shortly, if you are patient. They need to unload them!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials