Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 Enterprise w/ DG-Z2 Camera

Lion Adjusting LLC

Reaction score
Hello, all:

I’m an independent insurance adjuster who just passed my part 107 exam a few weeks ago. I have less than one hour flying my Evo 2 Enterprise;
everything is great, but I am sort of wishing I would have purchased a different drone with a good optical zoom to stay a safe distance from buildings, steeples, bell towers, etc while allowing me close up photos of surface materials.

This morning I stumble upon Autel’s DG-Z2 for their Dragonfish system.
Please, please, someone tell me that Autel plans on making this adaptable to fit the EVO 2 Enterprise.

DG-Z2​

For Dragonfish Lite/Standard/Pro
4K 20x Optical Zoom
12 Megapixel Wide-Angle
3-Axis Stabilized Gimbal System

Hello, all:

I’m an independent insurance adjuster who just passed my part 107 exam a few weeks ago. I have less than one hour flying my Evo 2 Enterprise;
everything is great, but I am sort of wishing I would have purchased a different drone with a good optical zoom to stay a safe distance from buildings, steeples, bell towers, etc while allowing me close up photos of surface materials.

This morning I stumble upon Autel’s DG-Z2 for their Dragonfish system.
Please, please, someone tell me that Autel plans on making this adaptable to fit the EVO 2 Enterprise.

DG-Z2​

For Dragonfish Lite/Standard/Pro
4K 20x Optical Zoom
12 Megapixel Wide-Angle
3-Axis Stabilized Gimbal System
Disregard, I just got word that this camera is half size of the drone itself & not an option for the Evo 2. Hopefully someday Autel will come up with a good optical zoom camera for the Evo.

I get what you're after, but I understand that some pilots use the 8K camera model (or install an 8K gimbal) so that they can digital zoom/crop to a 6K equivalent frame, at a tighter FOV.

Out of the box, the 8K/6K camera FOV's are nearly the same, but you'd be able to crop that 8K by about 1.5x, getting the same image on your 8K that the 6K would have to be 1.5x closer to the subject to get, with equivalent quality (pretty much).

Since the Evo II allows swap-out between the 6K and 8K, it might be your only option as they move toward developing the next generation of products, and Evo II will be the next model they forget about supporting.
1644884301543.png

Best wishes and safe piloting. As you gain experience around those tall obstacles, be especially careful when there's wind. You'll get accustomed to where a good take-off point is when working around those obstacles, selecting one that will give you a good view of just how much clearance between the drone and the obstacle. You may have more confidence if you fly with the prop guards when working around the obstacles. Your odds of coming in contact are rather low, given the obstacle avoidance features on board, and having a safety observer present is priceless in these cases. Figuring out the effect of wind will be your biggest challenge.

Attachments

• thetaplus_20211231112541366 (1).jpg
    thetaplus_20211231112541366 (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
I get what you're after, but I understand that some pilots use the 8K camera model (or install an 8K gimbal) so that they can digital zoom/crop to a 6K equivalent frame, at a tighter FOV.

Out of the box, the 8K/6K camera FOV's are nearly the same, but you'd be able to crop that 8K by about 1.5x, getting the same image on your 8K that the 6K would have to be 1.5x closer to the subject to get, with equivalent quality (pretty much).

Since the Evo II allows swap-out between the 6K and 8K, it might be your only option as they move toward developing the next generation of products, and Evo II will be the next model they forget about supporting.
View attachment 13157

Best wishes and safe piloting. As you gain experience around those tall obstacles, be especially careful when there's wind. You'll get accustomed to where a good take-off point is when working around those obstacles, selecting one that will give you a good view of just how much clearance between the drone and the obstacle. You may have more confidence if you fly with the prop guards when working around the obstacles. Your odds of coming in contact are rather low, given the obstacle avoidance features on board, and having a safety observer present is priceless in these cases. Figuring out the effect of wind will be your biggest challenge.
Skadee, thank you for the informative reply. I just ordered the prop guards you suggested, as they look like a must-have for a novice operator that needs to get as close as possible to tall structures for inspections. I’m going to seek out permission from the owner of a local tall structure to practice my approach & photo operations, with special consideration of the effect of wind.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles