Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 2 charger keeps cutting out before battery is fully charged

Checker

Reaction score
Hello I have had my Evo 2 since June . Now my charger takes 4 or 5 times connecting to get it up to a full charge. Charges for awhile and then the lights are off thinking it was fully charged but not.. had to unplug and restart charging numerous times to get a full charge . looks like I need a new charger already Urgh !

Hello. I switched to a differant receptacle as mentioned. It charged for 10 minutes and quit. Remote and battery were charging at the same time.
Both lights went out. I disconnected from the receptacle and reinserted the plug .The battery started charging again.
The remote did not. I disconnected the cord from the charger to the remote and plugged that back in. The remote started charging again. I also lifted the charger and put a cooling rack underneath it to experiment. It finished charging both of them. To note the charger never got hot like it did when I first used it. It was only luke warm. Right now all battery's are charged .
I do have a drone meetup group later today and will be flying. I will try recharging tonight and see what happens.
I know this is a minor problem which does occur with any electronics and I am not trying to bash Autel. I love my Autel drones. I have all 3.
I am just stating symptoms and wondering if others are experiencing problems.

Reactions: advexure
I don't use the EVO power pack to charge the controller. sometimes it take several hours and just sits on 70% or something like that. I use my 2Ah phone charger that has 2xUSB ports on it. works great and charges controller in less than an hour.
The autel power pack is not designed (in my opinion) to charge multiple units at once and the USB charge port is rubbish (100mAh or less). In fact I am looking for a different solution to charge the batteries as well.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials