Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 is kind of unstable

macoman

Reaction score
Flew the Evo today, winds: 3 miles... For my surprise, the gimbal tilt is still present. Running the latest firmware, 1.5. 8... When I bring back the Evo, it was flying all over the place. I didn't touch the controller. I took off with GPS locked. What is going on here? I am not new to the Evo but man, with not winds and unstable.. I wonder is there is an issue here.

Flew the Evo today, winds: 3 miles... For my surprise, the gimbal tilt is still present. Running the latest firmware, 1.5. 8... When I bring back the Evo, it was flying all over the place. I didn't touch the controller. I took off with GPS locked. What is going on here? I am not new to the Evo but man, with not winds and unstable.. I wonder is there is an issue here.

Not saying this is the problem but check out uavforecast.com for your area. The last couple of weeks I have been noticing Est. Sats Locked all over the place. Meaning you might have lots of sats showing but the number that are actually locked and helping you fly is low. Might be one option to look into.

Opera Snapshot_2020-01-23_132804_www.uavforecast.com.png

Reactions: macoman
Which version of Explorer were you flying on?
Yesterday I tested with Explorer Evo1 v1.0.1.45 and firmware 1.5.8 and I had no problems.

Did this change happen after the new firmware? I'm new to EVO and noticed occasional horizon tilt and the drone drifting slightly when hovering. The wind was at 10 MPH but my Mav Mini didn't drift in those winds. I will say though, the connectivity range is far better than the mini.

Which version of Explorer were you flying on?
Yesterday I tested with Explorer Evo1 v1.0.1.45 and firmware 1.5.8 and I had no problems.
I only fly with the controller... No phone or tablet.

Did this change happen after the new firmware? I'm new to EVO and noticed occasional horizon tilt and the drone drifting slightly when hovering. The wind was at 10 MPH but my Mav Mini didn't drift in those winds. I will say though, the connectivity range is far better than the mini.
The range is the only thing that I love about the Evo. But man, the stability in the air needs improvement.

Reactions: Floridapad1
I was flying yesterday and the drone started losing satellite lock. You can see this in the tail lights. I was flying on a walk up complex and when I noticed this, I used the VPS system and flew close to the roofs so I could finish my inspection. The system never told me it lost gps, I noticed it on the screen as it was drifting and that is when I looked up and saw the yellow lights.

I was flying yesterday and the drone started losing satellite lock. You can see this in the tail lights. I was flying on a walk up complex and when I noticed this, I used the VPS system and flew close to the roofs so I could finish my inspection. The system never told me it lost gps, I noticed it on the screen as it was drifting and that is when I looked up and saw the yellow lights.
It is damn scary to see this... I thought it was going to crash when I saw it so unstable.

It is damn scary to see this... I thought it was going to crash when I saw it so unstable.
This is one of the reasons why VLOS is important. I flew one time BVLOS while doing an inspection. The drone kept rotating to the right, no matter how much I tried to stabilize it for a photo. I was hitting a palm tree and didn't even realize. Why it didn't crash, is because the drone gods protect me.

This is one of the reasons why VLOS is important. I flew one time BVLOS while doing an inspection. The drone kept rotating to the right, no matter how much I tried to stabilize it for a photo. I was hitting a palm tree and didn't even realize. Why it didn't crash, is because the drone gods protect me.
That was amazing that it didn't crash. I usually fly the drone in a big river with no interfere of anything. I think u saw some of my videos. But yes, I agree with you about VLOS.

Ansia said
Why it didn't crash, is because the drone gods protect me.
Yes and now you are going to have a magic fairy who will speak to you and guide you in the radiocommande ................Marin Drapeau.gif

i was flying today too and noticed slight drifting going on. nothing crazy, but the drone was close to the ground and there was no wind, but it did drift a few feet to the left. i'm on the older firmware still though, not the new one

Update to the new firmware. Otherwise it doesn't have much relevance. Also calibrate it after any update.

i was flying today too and noticed slight drifting going on. nothing crazy, but the drone was close to the ground and there was no wind, but it did drift a few feet to the left. i'm on the older firmware still though, not the new one
If you don't have GPS lock and are flying on top of a non patterned floor, the drone will drift, since the VPS cameras can't identify key elements it needs to hold position.

If you don't have GPS lock and are flying on top of a non patterned floor, the drone will drift, since the VPS cameras can't identify key elements it needs to hold position.

what is a GPS lock exactly? and i was actually flying over grey concrete so it makes sense what you said about the drift. if i fly over water would i experience problems as well do you think?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials