Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo 1 firmware update?

jcmarceau

Reaction score
I talked to autel today and there is no plan to stop releasing firmware updates for evo 1 even if the evo 2 will be out. There are some fix to be done since update 1.5.8 and I imagine they will fixed them in next update. Things like calibration process that is too quick or fast... that’s my point of view and my evo wobbles going full speed down .... something the evo was doing when it came out but that was fixed after but seems to came back with last firmware

Well I guess the Evo 1 community will appreciated if they can continue improving the Evo and perhaps finally one day fix the damn tilted horizon issue with the camera gimbal. They had released many firmwares already and nothing so far has been able to fix it.

Wobbling when coming down fast can never be fixed unless you come down slower or at an angle. I forget what it's called but it's an air turbulance type thing? Someone can chime in that knows more about it. You may have either not noticed it as much before or you're coming down faster than normal or are just getting more turbulance lately. I could be wrong but that's how I deal with it.
Here's a thread about it in the DJI forum. Hope it's ok to post a link to there. If not please delete.
Descent wobble

Last edited:
Wobbling when coming down fast can never be fixed unless you come down slower or at an angle. I forget what it's called but it's an air turbulance type thing? Someone can chime in that knows more about it. You may have either not noticed it as much before or you're coming down faster than normal or are just getting more turbulance lately. I could be wrong but that's how I deal with it.
Here's a thread about it in the DJI forum. Hope it's ok to post a link to there. If not please delete.
Descent wobble

Wobble is way more dramatic than any my Mavic 2s. Don't even really see it in my Mavic 2s at all, and that's with descending speed mods in place. My Mavic 1 Pro does have some wobble coming down, but that also has speed mods done to it. Autels wobbling is extremely noticable, especially in Ludicrous mode.

That explains more wobble because it's ludicrous mode. If they can't fix it then just come in at an angle or come down slower like I mentioned for the time being.

Maybe that wobble is good, it might help keep it out of ring vortex state when descending too fast?

I reverted back to .58 because I wasn't bothered by the little camera parameters issue or bug as you say, but when I realized in .59 they changed the Altitude limit to 500' from 800' I said the hell with that, I love the certain pictures and videos I can get that *NO OTHER* may it be *DJI* or any *Mainstream product* Which can't even come close to reproduce due to the 500' height limit. But, just for shits and giggles and my impulsive nature with high flying at times (lol - Goddamn ADHD) Lets just say that if you fly with ONLY the R/C and no Mobile App you can still reach the 800' ceiling due to the R/C not enforcing the new height limit. Now, with that being said, I don't condone any negligent flights at this height, but just know, it's still possible. What's also possible if you're put off with no App enhancment or Itelligent Flight features, you're not totally booted from the game, If you are fortunate enough as I was lucky to find the Live Deck system at a steal for only $250!! You can setup another device or hook straight to the display of your choice and fly as you would without being resricted to 500' because the 2nd R/C doesn't have any jurisdiction over your main flight limitations unlike the Main piolits R/C!!

I reverted back to .58 because I wasn't bothered by the little camera parameters issue or bug as you say, but when I realized in .59 they changed the Altitude limit to 500' from 800' I said the hell with that, I love the certain pictures and videos I can get that *NO OTHER* may it be *DJI* or any *Mainstream product* Which can't even come close to reproduce due to the 500' height limit. But, just for shits and giggles and my impulsive nature with high flying at times (lol - Goddamn ADHD) Lets just say that if you fly with ONLY the R/C and no Mobile App you can still reach the 800' ceiling due to the R/C not enforcing the new height limit. Now, with that being said, I don't condone any negligent flights at this height, but just know, it's still possible. What's also possible if you're put off with no App enhancment or Itelligent Flight features, you're not totally booted from the game, If you are fortunate enough as I was lucky to find the Live Deck system at a steal for only $250!! You can setup another device or hook straight to the display of your choice and fly as you would without being resricted to 500' because the 2nd R/C doesn't have any jurisdiction over your main flight limitations unlike the Main piolits R/C!!

I too have spoken with Autel and was told they are still supporting EVO1 and other updates are pending. Not sure what year tho LOL

evo1 just needs to be tuned to fly like the DJI drone, no wobbles smoother flight and I would buy a second unit if it flew better, I don't need 6k or 8k , the eve 1 is the best due to the small size, its stealthy and awesome, I will never own a DJI product so I'm stuck with wobbles for now

come on Autel Clean up the EVO1 , its Bad *** unit!!

evo1 just needs to be tuned to fly like the DJI drone, no wobbles smoother flight and I would buy a second unit if it flew better, I don't need 6k or 8k , the eve 1 is the best due to the small size, its stealthy and awesome, I will never own a DJI product so I'm stuck with wobbles for now

come on Autel Clean up the EVO1 , its Bad *** unit!!
I agree with you on this one! Except as for of late mine has actually been flying top-notch all while disregarding any notices about updates or anything of that nature and have been loving it... Now the only thing that I could nitpick and grip about is the bug between switching in and out of ludicrous (Sport) mode since it either won't switch until I land and relaunch or its a huge delay of a few minutes if I'm even patient enough to wait for it to change lol then 50% of the time it works flawlessly... Oh, and if they could give us the updated Dynamic Tracking and those little doodads I would be thoroughly pleased. I will be purchasing another EVO1 Aircraft here soon once some work is finally paid up for and I can get it out of my shop... But I will then be experimenting with adding in a few more OAS(Obstacle Avoidance Sensors) or VPU(Vision Position Units) or maybe even some UltraSonic Sensors for the back as well but it's all in the mind waiting to be toyed around with lol.

recently my evo1 flies very slow in ludacris mode, but its very fast when it flies left , right or backwards. what has happened to my software?

ok, I got it fixed by disabling the radar system via the app, this now lets me fly at normal and ludacris speed modes. must have bad or overly sensitive sonar modules

I called Autel a couple weeks ago and was told that we can expect updates for the Evo 1. They just released yet another update for Evo 2 but still nothing for us original customers. Let's keep the pressure on them. Please call them and ask them for the truth or an ETA.

In March, they had the same speech.
Lyrics, eh lyrics ......
It's been almost a year since the last update (January 03, 2020)
They are too busy dealing with the problems their new baby Evo 2 is causing them to remake firmware for the Evo 1.
The Explorer / firmware pair from that time is perfect. I have done about 80 flights since then and have had no problems.
If it is to bring out a new one that messes the Evo 1, it is not worth it.
This one suits me very well, I wouldn't change it for the world.
Already by releasing the common Explorer 1.1.3.9 Evo 1 / Evo2, they managed to remove functions from the Evo 1 compared to the Explorer 1.1.0.45 from the Evo 1. So there, no thank you.
And then why improve the Evo 1, Do you believe that it has to offer that of the Evo 2. Sweet reverie.
The X-star is entitled to his shelf, why not the Evo 1. They will be able to tell each other stories .... You know, in those days ......

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller