Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Error Message: Autel upper-view visual sensor abnormal please try to reboot the aircraft

RookiePilot

Reaction score
When I boot my system I receive the following message. "upper-view visual sensor abnormal please try to reboot the aircraft". I click the red box that displays the message and it goes away and then comes right back. I have tried to calibrate and it, but it says in the app that there is no need to calibrate. I also updated the firmware with no luck. I have only flown this a few times since purchasing it earlier this month. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RookiePilot

Last edited:
Assuming there is nothing like a sticker on, between or e.g. a flashlight mounted near the top sensors on your drone. Then continue to read, else remove any customised items that might interfere and retry.

I remember reading a post somewhere else about dirt, moist or even a slight offset of the sensor itself causing such errors. So basically an obstruction of some sort inside the frame. So visually check for a reason that could make the sensor malfunction.

else if under warranty do the long way and ask for support via Autel.

if yours is out of warranty and a sensor got dirty inside, then find the video on opening up the shell yourself for an inspection and cleanup. Someone has posted the steps here:

Last edited:
Mine is still under warranty. I did email Autel a couple days ago with no response as of yet.

I'm also getting "gimbal is not ready".

Last edited:
Mine is still under warranty. I did email Autel a couple days ago with no response as of yet.

I'm also getting "gimbal is not ready".
Regarding the sensors, make sure they are clean, something to do now and then. As for the gimbal not ready, have been getting those in colder weather, even after gimbal calibrate.

Reactions: RookiePilot
I had the same message for the bottom and right side sensor. The calibrate routine did not resolve the issue and I sent it in for repair (after getting an RMA #). Their (Autel's) analysis indicated that I was having a PCB failure. They replaced the circuit board (back within 2 weeks) and the drone tested well on my first flight after its return.

Reactions: gschulzuio
When I boot my system I receive the following message. "upper-view visual sensor abnormal please try to reboot the aircraft". I click the red box that displays the message and it goes away and then comes right back. I have tried to calibrate and it, but it says in the app that there is no need to calibrate. I also updated the firmware with no luck. I have only flown this a few times since purchasing it earlier this month. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RookiePilot
Hello friend, I have the same problem, were you able to solve it?

When I had this issue and calibration did not work, I got an RMA from Autel and they replaced the PCB (Primary Control Board?? my guess) board at no charge to me. Mine works well except for an occasional warning of something above the drone (which did not exist).

Hello friend, I have the same problem, were you able to solve it?
Yes hello I'm having the same problem as well when I boot up it says front sensor abnormal and I've reloaded and downgraded firmware multiple times and I'm still getting the error. When I go to calibrate it on the calibration app when you open it it says that doesn't need to be calibrated everything is fine and when you click on each individual sensor they all open up the calibration except for the front sensor it just stays blank in the middle there's no way to calibrate it. Any ideas thank you

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja