Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Enterprise Compass is off by 40-60 degrees?

Mladen008

Reaction score
Hi all. Public safety fella here. We’ve been running our two autel enterprises through the training routine and we discovered on both UAVs, the compass is way off. We calibrated it several times but it’s still not showing North correctly.

We learned this during a particularly embarrassing K9 training track where we had found the subject and were directing the team in, but the dog was pulling west while we were telling the team to go northeast 😂😂

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Much love!

Mike

Hi all. Public safety fella here. We’ve been running our two autel enterprises through the training routine and we discovered on both UAVs, the compass is way off. We calibrated it several times but it’s still not showing North correctly.

We learned this during a particularly embarrassing K9 training track where we had found the subject and were directing the team in, but the dog was pulling west while we were telling the team to go northeast 😂😂

Mike
I have also noticed the compass error. Did open a ticket with Autel?

Mike

Hey, sorry to hear this! Yeah, that's a huge amount of error.

I'm guessing the flight app's coords are also inaccurate?

So after speaking with someone at Autel, it appears the compass is only calibrated to the controller, not the aircraft like DJI. So whatever way you're facing with the controller is the readout you'll get from the compass. He said they have seen some compasses have 5-10 degree errors. I checked it out and there's about a 5-10 degree error compared to a manual compass. I'm not quite sure why the compass would link with the controller and not the drone itself, but at least we figured it out.

Reactions: jmason702

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials