Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Endurance flight

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I'd like to cover as much distance in missions conquering Florida's wild side as I can.
The question I have if anyone has good , reliable info what is the ideal speed for maximum distance

Depends on your goal, but anything above 10mph, since if you get headwind, going to slow will literally make the evo stop and go backwards,

I'd like to cover as much distance in missions conquering Florida's wild side as I can.
The question I have if anyone has good , reliable info what is the ideal speed for maximum distance
I've done 8 mi. rt, both at standard setting @ 22mph and another @ 34mph. Obviously the 34mph will drain the battery faster, but will cover more distance as well. Using the 34mph setting I landed with 13% battery remaining - Using the 22mph setting I landed with 15% remaining. These tests were done on different days with similar wind conditions, but with only a 2% difference between the two, I can't say if it was the speed setting, the wind, or just using a different battery that made the difference. I prefer the 34mph setting just for the bit of extra power if i need it and the reduced time it takes to complete the flight. It goes without saying that I don't do this routinely, but also wanted to see/test the signal quality and range - both of which I found to be outstanding and only limited by your battery.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials