Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Earthquake struck Puerto Rico

I just saw that....5.8 isn’t huge, but big enough to do a lot of damage to certain kinds of structures. My 1st thought was Ansia too, are you OK??

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks everyone. Me and my family are fine. I'm currently at my beach house and we were worried foe a tsumani, but thankfully this wasn't the case.

Many buildings south of Puerto Rico were affected, specially those built on columns, but up to now, there hasn't been any loss of life.

cropw0h0facebook.jpg20200106prhoytemblorguanicartz76466833_1.jpg20200106prhoytemblorguanicartz76466837_1.jpg20200106prhoytemblorguanicartz76466842_1.jpg20200106tusnoticiasterremotolado76467343.jpg20200106prhoytemblorguanicartz76466840.jpg20200106prhoytemblorguanicartz76466853.jpg20200106tusnoticiasterremotolado76467319.jpg20200106tusnoticiasterremotolado76467332_1.jpg

Thanks everyone. Me and my family are fine. I'm currently at my beach house and we were worried foe a tsumani, but thankfully this wasn't the case.

Many buildings south of Puerto Rico were affected, specially those built on columns, but up to now, there hasn't been any loss of life.

View attachment 5994View attachment 5995View attachment 5996View attachment 5997View attachment 5998View attachment 5999View attachment 6000View attachment 6001View attachment 6002
Holy cow... looking at these pictures, it appear to be a very bad earthquake... Sending all positive prayers to my people in PR!

Holy cow... looking at these pictures, it appear to be a very bad earthquake... Sending all positive prayers to my people in PR!
Only 5 houses, 1 government building and an old Spanish lighthouse in all of PR suffered heavy damages.

.If you look closely to the photos, you can see they didn't use enough rebar or the correct size. This is why they failed. The house next to my beach house is also a column raised house and didn't suffer any damaged. The lighthouse is made out of brick and mortar, so it's to be expected. I don't know what happened to the gov' building. Most likely the soil liquified and it suffered due to a poor foundation.

Only 5 houses, 1 government building and an old Spanish lighthouse in all of PR suffered heavy damages.

.If you look closely to the photos, you can see they didn't use enough rebar or the correct size. This is why they failed. The house next to my beach house is also a column raised house and didn't suffer any damaged. The lighthouse is made out of brick and mortar, so it's to be expected. I don't know what happened to the gov' building. Most likely the soil liquified and it suffered due to a poor foundation.
If it's only five homes then it was not too bad but those people are in need of assistance to re-build their homes. They don't look like they have money.

Ya the yellow hair guy who lives in a painted house of white decided to cancel one of his rounds of golf and transferred the funds their way So its covered.

• Haha
Glad you are ok. Looks like some guys wine survived too. ;)

• Haha
We just had another earthquake 20 minutes ago. It was so hard it took the power grid from the entire island and I lost internet until now. There is a Tsunami warning and my family left the beach house in a hurry. I left earlier due to work so I was already in high ground. I believe it was a 6.6 in the Rikter scale. It is to soon to know the extend of damages.

Prayers for everyone there. I don't get much for tv here so keep me/us up to date please!!

Prayers for everyone there. I don't get much for tv here so keep me/us up to date please!!
I will try. My phone hasn't stopped ringing and it's my only source to the internet. So as I get more info, I will update. So far my family is safe and in high ground.

Reactions: Tufargon
Update: Tsunami warning has been cancelled. Now I am dreading having to take a cold shower, since power hasn't returned yet.

At this point brother I'd be happy you still have running water. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller