Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dynamic Track, Visibility and Battery Life Questions

mtnflyer

Reaction score
I'm considering an Autel EVO 2 drone to replace our Mavic Mini. Primary use is making videos and taking pics around the farm. Dynamic track would be used to follow a tractor working around the farm or just myself walking about. Max ground speed would be around 7 mph. Our obstacles would be mostly trees that line our fields and barns/buildings. Is this a good application for the drone via Dynamic Track?

Visibility - the Autel EVO 2 is much bigger than our Mavic Mine and bright orange too. Surely it's easier to see at a distance. How's your VOL with this drone? Do you find it easy enough to see?

Sometimes with our Mavic Mini, by the time we get it in the air and on our farm equipment, we've cut into it's available battery life and short videos seem the norm. I'm intrigued by the 40 minute battery life of the EVO 2. I don't expect a true 40 minutes of flight time, but an honest 30 minutes would be a dramatic improvement for us. What is your typical battery life for this drone.

Any sage advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I had a Mavic mini, and upgraded to the Autel Evo II with 6k camera. I get an honest 30+ minute flight time, and really have enjoyed flying it. I am still exploring but have found the Autel to be a high quality drone and the obstacle avoidance to be pretty good. I have flown around trees and it will not let me get close to them. I have not played with the dynamic tracking yet, but it is one thing I am going to start working on soon.

I had a Mavic mini, and upgraded to the Autel Evo II with 6k camera. I get an honest 30+ minute flight time, and really have enjoyed flying it. I am still exploring but have found the Autel to be a high quality drone and the obstacle avoidance to be pretty good. I have flown around trees and it will not let me get close to them. I have not played with the dynamic tracking yet, but it is one thing I am going to start working on soon.
Thanks for the reply - most appreciated!!!!

I have 96 cycles on one battery, 88 on the other. No issues so far.

NOTE: I don't let them get cold, I don't drop them. I generally run them down to between 8 & 10%, I use them at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials