Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DualR Issues

Jack_K

Reaction score
I recently got a Evo II Dual R and was flying this past weekend and ran into some annoying problems.

1. The Smart Controller cannot push a firmware update to the aircraft (2.7.35 as displayed on the Smart Remote). It fails evertime. Trying to manually put the BIN or ZIP files onto the SD card also show no results.
2. I can only take ~10 or so pictures before the video link to the aircraft fails and the screen goes blank. I need to land the aircraft and reboot to restore the link.
3. Smart orbit failed miserably. It recognized the object it was support to orbit, but instead of orbiting, it just strafed to the left before noping out of the operation.

I've sent a note to both Autel and the distributor I bought it from with no answer.

Is this a known issue with a silly fix?

Are you receiving an error message when running the firmware update either OTA (over the air) or via micro SD? What exactly is occurring when you try and update to the current firmware version?

Thanks for the reply. I was getting an error message when attempting an OTA update. I tried the manual method but the instructions were vague and incomplete, which led to an unsuccessful attempt.

For example, the instructions at this page (How To Update EVO Firmware Manually?) and the video here (
) don't really indicate that the SD card needs to be empty, meaning I cant just use the existing card in the aircraft to make the transfer. This would mean I need either a seperate SD card, or I need to erase all the data on the existing card in the aircraft which didn't seem like the intent of the process.

It also wasn't very clear if I should be putting the ZIP file onto the card or putting the unzipped files on. My old Phantom 3 Pro just needed the ZIP file and could do the work on its own.

I did finally get an email from from your group and got it updated successfully. Will be flying it later today to test it out.

Reactions: advexure
I recently got a Evo II Dual R and was flying this past weekend and ran into some annoying problems.

1. The Smart Controller cannot push a firmware update to the aircraft (2.7.35 as displayed on the Smart Remote). It fails evertime. Trying to manually put the BIN or ZIP files onto the SD card also show no results.
2. I can only take ~10 or so pictures before the video link to the aircraft fails and the screen goes blank. I need to land the aircraft and reboot to restore the link.
3. Smart orbit failed miserably. It recognized the object it was support to orbit, but instead of orbiting, it just strafed to the left before noping out of the operation.

I've sent a note to both Autel and the distributor I bought it from with no answer.

Is this a known issue with a silly fix?
YOU HAVE THE 640R!!! Thank you and keep posting, I will have many questions for you please, and thank you! I have the 640T

you are the only one I am aware of on the forum with a 640R, and we need you badly for questions to be answered, hope this is not a deterrent...
I look at it as excitement! If I'm going to drop 12K for Enterprize RTK 640R I need some research done

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t