Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dual 640T V2 payload on V3 Evo II Enterprise V3

From what I have seen no it will not. The V3 has a new chipset and processing components that prevent any V2 items from being used. I purchased the Dual 640T RTK V3 and have already sent it back for warranty work after 14 days of owning. I would recommend holding off until they figure things out......if they ever do.

Does anyone know if the 640T v2 payload will work on a V3 Evo II Enterprise?

Thanks in advance.
C-
The version camera used V1, 2 or 3 shouldn't matter. The chipset changes (V1 , 2 & 3) are aircraft/controller related not payload. I change V1 6k and V2 640T cameras back and forth with no issues and the V1 and 2 have incompatible chip sets. I looking at getting a V3 Enterprise soon and will following up with the result of camera compatibility then.

• Wow
Reactions: DroneRat
NOTHING V3 will work with V1 or V2
Why? Chipset version has nothing to do with cameras. I talked to Autel and they did not know of any issue with compatibility of the 6k, 8k or 640T and any version of the EVO 2 series of drones. I am currently using a 640T camera from a V2 on a V1 and a 6k for a V1 on a V2.

Also:
Props, batteries, and enterprise attachments work across all versions, the only incompatibility is the controllers (chipsets).

Last edited:
Why? Chipset version has nothing to do with cameras. I talked to Autel and they did not know of any issue with compatibility of the 6k, 8k or 640T and any version of the EVO 2 series of drones. I am currently using a 640T camera from a V2 on a V1 and a 6k for a V1 on a V2.

Also:
Props, batteries, and enterprise attachments work across all versions. the only incompatibility is the controllers (chipsets).

Also:
Props, batteries, and enterprise attachments work across all versions. the only incompatibility is the controllers (chipsets).
I was told they are not compatible. I would imagine it has to do with the remote ID. Also, the 640T is now only 4k not 8k I know they stopped using the 8K camera in V2 series

I was told they are not compatible. I would imagine it has to do with the remote ID. Also, the 640T is now only 4k not 8k I know they stopped using the 8K camera in V2 series
If you a taking about the 8k visual camera, then yes it was dropped from the V3 series of the Evo 2, but it should still be compatible.

Apples and oranges, remote ID has nothing to do with the camera but the 640T RGB camera is still 8k (same camera as V1 & V2), this is from Autel's website specs for the V3 640T RGB camera:

Maximum photo size8192*6144(4:3)

Also:
All airframe parts are interchangeable between versions 1-3 (enterprise and basic), the only changes are chipsets. The reason you cant use a V1 Live Deck with any other version (can't communicate with different chipsets), V2 doesn't allow the use of a second controller (that is why there was no Live Deck for that version) and V3 has the V2 Live Deck compatible with the new Skylink 2.0 system.

Last edited:
It is stated that the payloads from V1/V2 are not compatible with V3 Aircraft mainboards. This can only be because there was a hardware change in the mainboard (they said they increased processing power and added the extra vents to compensate) and the payload modules (they indicated the camera module was different).. So the firmware between the V3 motherboard can't communicate properly with older V1/V2 payload modules.. They likely could have coded the V3 motherboard to support older payloads but how do you force upgrades that way.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
It is stated that the payloads from V1/V2 are not compatible with V3 Aircraft mainboard.
Thanks,
Where did you find this written? I have looked for this information everywhere.

Talked with Autel about this again (2nd time) and they confirmed that the sensors (cameras) from the V1-2 series are not compatible with the V3's because of the way the sensor data (video stream) is processed thru the V3 mainboard. The first time I called I was told by a "technician" that they were compatible.

I was really looking forward to repurposing my 640T sensor to a V3.

It was discussed in a few webinars and interviews but not sure I have seen a specific written statement.
Thanks

I asked the tech I spoke with to pass along the need for some "note" in the description of the V3 that the sensors of the V1 & 2 series are not compatible with the V3. I almost bought a V3 enterprise Pro to put my 640T camera on, but glad I held off. I'll sell my 640T camera to offset the cost of a V3 enterprise dual.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58