Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drones swamp US-Mexico border but federal agents powerless to stop them

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I’m sure this kind of event is helping to drive the general crackdown on drones. Anything that’s labeled a National Security issue gets top priority, lots of attention. Money can be made from this “attention”, and all the DoD contractors know it... I fear the new FAA rules are just the beginning, many countries will do the same...

“Morabe and Lanier echoed the same concern: The FAA bill doesn’t go far enough in allowing DHS and local law enforcement to mitigate drones that pose a threat.”

I’m sure this kind of event is helping to drive the general crackdown on drones. Anything that’s labeled a National Security issue gets top priority, lots of attention. Money can be made from this “attention”, and all the DoD contractors know it... I fear the new FAA rules are just the beginning, many countries will do the same...

“Morabe and Lanier echoed the same concern: The FAA bill doesn’t go far enough in allowing DHS and local law enforcement to mitigate drones that pose a threat.”

Some times when reading these pieces I am amazed how little the writer understands drones. this statement sums it up (Fighting back is difficult, since any item falling out of the sky — especially one with spinning wings )

Some times when reading these pieces I am amazed how little the writer understands drones. this statement sums it up (Fighting back is difficult, since any item falling out of the sky — especially one with spinning wings )
LOL, yea, journalism just ain’t what it used to be. It’s not a glamorous job anymore, so much idiocy.

I saw an article last year stating Birmingham Al was the wettest city in the USA, with a whopping 80” of rain a year. I left a comment reminding the author that Hilo, Hi. gets 120” a year, and since 1959, Hawaii has been a state......no reply...

The writer's perspective is strange. Does she really believe the nation is threatened by nefarious drones because lawmakers... are tied to donations from the telecommunications industry, which is adamantly opposed to counter-drone machines because it would rely on their networks to send a signal to the drone as it jams the drone's mission instructions.

Reactions: rkyleh

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy