Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone Purchase Help

OhiosLiz

Reaction score
sorry for disturbing, I am going to purchase my first drone! I had been doing some research on google, in order to select a drone... I found a useful review on top 10 camera drones(Best Drone with Camera 2017- Buyer’s Guide - 10 Best Trumps Reviews ),which shows the overviews, pros and cons of each drone. it seems that more than 50% of top drones are made from DJI... and I decided to pick a drone between DJI Mavic Pro and Autel Robotics X-Star, the Autel Robotics X-Star looks better in price/performance ratio, but I heard that DJI is more reliable... so can anyone give me some suggestion?

Hello & welcome! :)
Autel or DJI would be my recommendation. They both make a nice aircraft. It all depends on what you want it for and features. One major thing DJI has over the Autel is the availability of third-party apps such as Litchi. The Autel does not yet offer any third-party apps. DJI customer service can be sketchy at times but if you have an authorized repair shop nearby than that is not really a worry. Autel has very good reports for customer service.

I looked at your link and the info there is inaccurate. It list the X-Star Premium as "Best RC Drone for Great Range"... not a chance. DJI holds that trophy. My Mavic Pro will fly 4 miles (limited only by the battery), the X-Star around 2.

Autel or DJI would be my recommendation. They both make a nice aircraft. It all depends on what you want it for and features. One major thing DJI has over the Autel is the availability of third-party apps such as Litchi. The Autel does not yet offer any third-party apps. DJI customer service can be sketchy at times but if you have an authorized repair shop nearby than that is not really a worry. Autel has very good reports for customer service.

I looked at your link and the info there is inaccurate. It list the X-Star Premium as "Best RC Drone for Great Range"... not a chance. DJI holds that trophy. My Mavic Pro will fly 4 miles (limited only by the battery), the X-Star around 2.
But can you see your drone 4 miles away....ha...Bad Tj bad...lol

If Autel had an ounce of brains, they would make a move to buy out Litchi. If you compare Autel's Way points with Litchi's, Autel doesn't hold a candle to Litchi, not to mention Litchi's Tracking interface.

Reactions: Squirrel!
sorry for disturbing, I am going to purchase my first drone! I had been doing some research on google, in order to select a drone... I found a useful review on top 10 camera drones(Best Drone with Camera 2017- Buyer’s Guide - 10 Best Trumps Reviews ),which shows the overviews, pros and cons of each drone. it seems that more than 50% of top drones are made from DJI... and I decided to pick a drone between DJI Mavic Pro and Autel Robotics X-Star, the Autel Robotics X-Star looks better in price/performance ratio, but I heard that DJI is more reliable... so can anyone give me some suggestion?

Do you have any experience flying a multirotor craft? If not I would suggest getting a cheap, non gps quad to learn on because it's going to crash, a few times if you're lucky. I suggest tearing up a few Syma X5's ($40) before considering anything in the Autel or dji price range.

"Autel Robotics looks better in price/performance ratio", you said it right. I can't share the experience of using this drone because I own DJI MAvic Pro. Honestly, I wasn't going to invest so much in a drone but I don't regret. My friend overpersuaded me. I bought mine from www.aeromotus.com two months ago. I really like the way it works. I am not a professional photographer, flying a drone is my hobby but I take a drone almost everywhere I go. I really like the image quality made using my mavic. I bought two additional btteries to prolong the flight time. The only thing I forgot to buy is the bag. It is necessary to order it as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials