Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Drone Prejudice

Hawkeye Alaska

Reaction score
Yesterday after work I had just enough light to stop by the house grab "Big Orange" and head down to the river for a flight. I got there and noticed only one other vehicle and no one in sight so I got out, set up, and took another look at where I wanted to fly visually and took off.

Thirty seconds later and I'm flying low (35 ft) and slow watching the drone and two huge dogs (Newfoundland) are running right at me coming from my 10. I go to neutral position and watch the dogs as they come up and start smelling me every where. Thankfully, Newfies are not naturally aggressive but I here there owner hollering at me instead of the dogs. She was still 30 yards away so I ignored her and finished my flight.

As I'm coming in to land she finally reached me and wouldn't keep her dogs away to land so I am happy to say I performed my first Evo hand catch with ease. I'm pretty sure it only happened so well because I'm better under pressure.

The whole time she was ranting about drones causing problems. I loaded up and left since it was getting dusky dark and wished her a nice day.

I guess I didn't expect it.

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
Yesterday after work I had just enough light to stop by the house grab "Big Orange" and head down to the river for a flight. I got there and noticed only one other vehicle and no one in sight so I got out, set up, and took another look at where I wanted to fly visually and took off.

Thirty seconds later and I'm flying low (35 ft) and slow watching the drone and two huge dogs (Newfoundland) are running right at me coming from my 10. I go to neutral position and watch the dogs as they come up and start smelling me every where. Thankfully, Newfies are not naturally aggressive but I here there owner hollering at me instead of the dogs. She was still 30 yards away so I ignored her and finished my flight.

As I'm coming in to land she finally reached me and wouldn't keep her dogs away to land so I am happy to say I performed my first Evo hand catch with ease. I'm pretty sure it only happened so well because I'm better under pressure.

The whole time she was ranting about drones causing problems. I loaded up and left since it was getting dusky dark and wished her a nice day.

My only question is, why didn't you explained to her what were you doing and it's not affecting her in any way. Help her understand that drones aren't evil like the video below and she should watch out for people, not drones, since they are the pilots in the wrong.

Did you ask her why her dogs were not on a leash?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy