Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dorian - a scary storm

O-Zone

Reaction score
My son flew in from West Palm Beach not knowing where the heck this monster will hit. Being from Louisiana we are all too familiar with storms....The spaghetti models have tighten up but who knows. The European tract is usually the best, but 185 mph winds should scare anybody. God Speed to my Florida neighbors.

They're saying 185mph winds and gusts of 225 now.

My son flew in from West Palm Beach not knowing where the heck this monster will hit. Being from Louisiana we are all too familiar with storms....The spaghetti models have tighten up but who knows. The European tract is usually the best, but 185 mph winds should scare anybody. God Speed to my Florida neighbors.
Amen to that.

Has it changed for Florida, the latest I had was it sould veer north going through Bahamas but missing Florida so what is the latest

This hurricane has been known to change course at the last minute. It may not hit Florida directly but it will take Cat 4 winds. That is up to 155mph winds hitting wood houses, plus flash floods, storm surge, etc. It will cause extensive damage.
Screenshot_20190901-175106_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: O-Zone
If you go to the app store and get " flight trader 24 " you can see all airports and planes are still airborne (live tracking) and also I hurricane tracker is neat .

Reactions: Ansia
If you go to the app store and get " flight trader 24 " you can see all airports and planes are still airborne (live tracking) and also I hurricane tracker is neat .
Only works if they have ADS-B installled, which isn't required by law until next year. Also it's important to know that there is up to a 20 second delay between what is shown in the app and the actual position of the plane. That is plenty of time for an accident to happen.

Only works if they have ADS-B installled, which isn't required by law until next year. Also it's important to know that there is up to a 20 second delay between what is shown in the app and the actual position of the plane. That is plenty of time for an accident to happen.
You are correct .?

My brother lived in Freeport Bahamas for 13 years teaching high school. I visited twice a year and in his kitchen there was always the hurricane map on the wall. Never understood why he had it hanging there or why you would need it. Watching this one I now understand. The last video from left over family and friends still there that I made in Freeport was around 11 AM this morning and they were cutting down trees that could cause a problem. Nothing since. They have weathered many storms but none like this with a direct hit. I hope they are all safe but will not know till its all oveer.

Hopefully they are all safe waiting for everything to be over. Please bear in mind that the communication towers may be destroyed and it may take a while to contact them. Just be patient, buddy.

I am wholeheartedly with all the people who are going to suffer this storm.
We do not know about hurricanes in France, but in 1999 we had the storm LOTHAR, who has blown on a part of Europe for the festive Christmas with wind at more than 270km / h, she killed 140 people. ..
Be careful..

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
A friend of ours living in Freeport Bahamas has been on facebook using live feed as much as possible. He said anyone in low laying areas are done for. His house is built on pillars so his main floor is up high enough to keep them dry. That is as long as the roof hold out.
Picture of what his home looked like before the storm.

221750_10150158955138527_3364502_n.jpg

He said the water is half way up those stairs.
Picture of when it was being built.
1936047_145590925954_8331489_n.jpg

Some video from early morning till now around 7AM. He said the eye still has not reached them yet

Hurricane Dorian has been registered as the second most powerful hurricane in the Atlantic Basin. When it was about to hit me as a tropical storm, I joked about it, since it would bring much needed rain and 45mph winds are a common occurence over here. I never imagined it would turn out like this.

Please pray for all of those over at the Bahamas. Currently Dorian is moving at 1mph, keeping this hurricane over there for almost 48 hours. Trust me when I say, that 24 hours being couped in a place without being able to leave is frustrating. I can't imagine what 48 hours is like.

My thoughts are with all of you.

According to the NOAA live broadcast just now, Freeport will be receiving the hurricane until after 2am tomorrow. I am waiting for the 11am update to see what is happening.

Quite an hurricane, any news forthcoming of your friend Agustine ?
Poor people living on the first seven feet, will be keeping them in my prayers.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller