Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does the Autel Evo 2 pro have remote id???

Cornern

Reaction score
Anyone know if it is on the drone or will be coming? Cuz its gonna be required to have remote id in the future.

to be fair, no drone manufacturer has officially communicated to anyone with regards to a remote id solution. autel mentioned it earlier by saying they'll be ready but honest, how can anyone speak to this issue when it is unclear and there are still unknowns? today, if you hear a drone manufacturer say go ahead and buy our drones they are all set and ready to go when remote id arrives....don't believe them.

autel evo 2 doesn't have remote id today, you cannot register it on faa.gov as such. likely it will never have built in remote id that will qualify. about this time next year, some of us we will be discussing add-on modules and the vast majority will ignore it completely.

no drone manufacturer has officially communicated to anyone with regards to a remote id solution
Actually, about a year ago, DJI said that they anticipate that many of their current drones will be made to comply with a firmware update. But that they could not be specific because at the time, the requirements had not been finalized. So, nothing firm, but at least the possibility of compliance via fw update. Autel, on the other hand, is silent.

DJI expects many of our most commonly used drones to be able to comply through a simple and free software update. It’s too early to say exactly which existing DJI drones will be able to be updated this way [Brendan Schulman, DJI]

Actually, about a year ago, DJI said that they anticipate that many of their current drones will be made to comply with a firmware update. But that they could not be specific because at the time, the requirements had not been finalized. So, nothing firm, but at least the possibility of compliance via fw update. Autel, on the other hand, is silent.

i wouldnt count that as an official dji communication just like i don't count this (22:00 below) as an official autel communication saying similar "it's taken care of."

maybe "official" is the wrong word, what i meant to say is those of us with dji drones (mavic 3, etc) have no idea and have never been told by dji if we can still fly our drones after the deadline; nobody buys dji drones today thinking they are gtg compliant tomorrow. i do agree you are more likely to gain dji compliance thru a sw update and autel will be relegated to a module but for the purposes of the o.p. i think you just might find dji flyers to know just as little as the autel flyers on remote id although it wouldn't surprise me if dji flyers all believe they are already compliant.

to be fair, no drone manufacturer has officially communicated to anyone with regards to a remote id solution. autel mentioned it earlier by saying they'll be ready but honest, how can anyone speak to this issue when it is unclear and there are still unknowns? today, if you hear a drone manufacturer say go ahead and buy our drones they are all set and ready to go when remote id arrives....don't believe them.

autel evo 2 doesn't have remote id today, you cannot register it on faa.gov as such. likely it will never have built in remote id that will qualify. about this time next year, some of us we will be discussing add-on modules and the vast majority will ignore it completely.
Tnx the reply! Do you think I should worry about getting a module if they never get remote id?

Hi, surprising that the Fimi X8 SE 2020 has Remote ID. They use Bluetooth. I haven't seen an RI information format from the FAA so I don't understand Fimi's claim.

Tnx the reply! Do you think I should worry about getting a module if they never get remote id?
There are a lot of if's, as well as assumptions regarding RID (and OOP).

However based on what we know or that has been published so far, there will be addon modules available for RID. As long as you can attach an add on (if the aircraft cannot natively support RID) your only known or published limit as of now is you would have to fly it within VLOS.

Would I avoid buying a particular drone right now because it does not have RID? No.

Likewise would I let somebody scare me from buying one product vs. another because one does not have RID and one claims to? No, at least not without checking the FAA DOC site to see if the vendor or party claiming to be RID has a DOC or MOC that they cite and is on the FAA DOC MOC site.

For both RID and Operating Over People (OOP), here is the FAA Declaration of Compliance (DOC) and Means of Compliance (MOC) site (notice lack of declarations for either) UAS Declaration of Compliance

Hi, surprising that the Fimi X8 SE 2020 has Remote ID. They use Bluetooth. I haven't seen an RI information format from the FAA so I don't understand Fimi's claim.
Yup, there are claims out there, however go to the FAA MOC DOC site and note there are no mentions of DOC and MOC to support what they are claiming. OTOH, they could be simply claiming to support what they assume or are hoping will be adopted and trying to position themselves. Heres the FAA MOC DOC site: UAS Declaration of Compliance

Potentially great news about the Remote ID manufacturer's drop-dead date is that any sUAS without it baked-in will be 100% obsolete come September 2022, from the marketing standpoint, so expect huge discounts this summer. As end-users we have another year beyond to add a tack-on module.

The FAA Final Rule as amended, says compliant aircraft will have RID that cannot be switched off or defeated. (Which would seem to mean that even if it's possible to do via a FW update, it's got to be irreversible. Evo II v.2 aircraft now have FW that can be reverted, though not the v.1 (other than Beta FW)

any sUAS without it baked-in will be 100% obsolete come September 2022, from the marketing standpoint, so expect huge discounts this summer. As end-users we have another year beyond to add a tack-on module.
As end users we have another year before having to be compliant with any form of RID, built-in or via add-in module. As of a few minutes ago, there are still now MoC or DoC for RID other than two initial ones from late last year that did not tell us much (heres the link to FAA MoC DoC site for RID & OOP).

Any existing aircraft including those currently being manufactured that are not as of yet RID compatible can be made RID compatible via add on module.

The only currently known limitation (that we publicly know about) with the RID add on modules is that you would not be able to do future BVLOS operations (what ever that turns out to be) without a BVLOS waiver (e.g. like now).

Something else that could change for end users is the Nano+ pushes the 249G limit, is that with the added weight of a module you might have to register it and you'll be out $5 in addition to the cost of a module.

Another is that the manufacturers who've not got the market share (or in-house circuit design flexibility, or ability to respond quickly in getting new products out the door) could exit the US market come September. (Personally, I would not spend $3-5K+ on a drone from any low-production volume manufacturer this year for this very reason). It's been a tough patch of sledding already for a lot of companies with supply chain issues. Autel is in arguably in much better shape to weather this or any economic dip than most, with more market share than anyone besides DJI

Something else that could change for end users is the Nano+ pushes the 249G limit, is that with the added weight of a module you might have to register it and you'll be out $5 in addition to the cost of a module.
If you are hobby/rec/44809 and need to register its $5 for three years for all your aircraft, otoh if you are 107, then its $5 for three years per aircraft regardless of weight if under 55 pounds.

Also keep in mind there is the weight of the aircraft for registration purpose vs. the takeoff weight of the aircraft + any stickers/decals + extra lights (e.g. comply with night) + prop guards/cage (e.g. comply with OOP class 1 etc) plus any other ad-on module (e.g. comply with RID if want to fly outside of a FRIA).

Keep in mind that September 2022 is only for manufactures to comply (assuming that there is not a delay, candidly I will be surprised if there is not a delay), likewise as consumers you would have until September 2023 (assuming no delays) to be in compliance. Watch for MOCs and DOCs to be rolled out if no delays, likewise over next year watch for FRIAs to be announced along with recognized CBOs.

i got the skydio email with their blog post and what i find interesting is they will produce drones at the end of the month which are remote-id ready and those of us who have already purchased and fly skydio drones.....nothing (for now).

if autel does the same thing, none of us will get anything this year...not until next year.

which makes sense to me.....

but i'm hoping we don't get stuck with a module because if it were simply a sw update, why not post the new sw (for everybody) and hand out new stickers?

the new drones will broadcast remote id and you cannot shut it off. the pilot is "in compliance" a year ahead of time.

FYI, FWIW, FAA pushed back 3 months manufacturer RID compliance (not for user/operator compliance) with a new date of December 16, 2022. Note this only applies to the vendors and their Means of Compliance (MoC) and Declaration of Compliance (DoC) for integrated RID (e.g. not add on module RID). Here's the federal register link with more info: Federal Register :: Request Access also check out the FAA DOC MOC site here: UAS Declaration of Compliance

I saw it on the FCC website approved list UAS Declaration of Compliance
I believe that refers to the Evo2 V.3 (based on serial #s). Evo2 V1 and V2 are probably not going to be supported by Autel. Autel might change their mind if DJI supports more of their legacy craft even though DJI already has older craft on the list by comparison to Autel. They would prefer you purchase another craft rather than simply turning it on in FW. Have to wait and see.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
Thanks for the clarification! I did wonder why my serial number is so much different than the range listed. Are you hoping they do or do not include it? I kind of hope it is not included.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy