Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does firmware update ever just say "Succeeded?"

MitchNC

Reaction score
I've done every firmware update since the Evo came out.
It always says it failed, and then a manual check of the files always shows it's fine.

Just wondering if anyone's updated ever says anything else?

Also "Reboot remoter control."
I'd like to see a little more attention to detail when it comes to a flying machine. :)

Reactions: Leon N Gauthier
I've done every firmware update since the Evo came out.
It always says it failed, and then a manual check of the files always shows it's fine.

Just wondering if anyone's updated ever says anything else?

Also "Reboot remoter control."
I'd like to see a little more attention to detail when it comes to a flying machine. :)

In a round-about way -- yes.

My first update ended in some type of failure -- but following instructions -- if Evo OTA update fails, you can download the firmware from Autel directly on the flash card and inset into the Evo. When you turn everything on -- and put the firmware on the card correctly -- it will automatically see it and kick in after everything boots up and syncs on the remote.

I wound up in what Autel says is a known "Firmware Loop" issue -- my bird wanted to download the same firmware every time I was connected to wifi -- like at home, having it on learning how the camera settings work. Every OTA update has failed for the same reason, the RC.player file or whatever... everything would have a check-mark except it -- and it would be a 0 or O.

Upgrading it using the flash card method always stated success.

As did the upgrade to BETA firmware -- which can only be installed using the flash card method.

I've only done 1 firmware upgrade since I got my Evo. It said Firmware successful, please reboot your drone, when it finished.

Autel admits my Evo had a problem - so mine is not a good example. I still put my experience out there in case @MitchNC were having the same loop I was.

When I bought my Evo - there was already a new firmware waiting for it OTA -- and it failed day one like @MitchNC implied. This of course was before the loop issue ever appeared.

Reactions: Ansia
Autel admits my Evo had a problem - so mine is not a good example. I still put my experience out there in case @MitchNC were having the same loop I was.

When I bought my Evo - there was already a new firmware waiting for it OTA -- and it failed day one like @MitchNC implied. This of course was before the loop issue ever appeared.
I only was asked to do 1 OTA update and I purchased mine by the end of Jan of this year. I figured it did all the updates at once.

Reactions: thomasr
My updates (four of them) claim to have failed. Not until I tried another update wirelessly did it actually say Upgrade Successful.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials