Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does EVO shoot multiple shots automatically, as for panoramic photo?

Nukeboyt

Reaction score
Very seriously considering EVO or EVO 2. I presently have a Mavic Air and very much enjoy taking and posting 360° panoramic photos (also called equirectangular projections). I am wondering if the Autel software has an automated mode to take multiple shots in a circle, at differing elevations, that can be later stitched together. Thanks

Very seriously considering EVO or EVO 2. I presently have a Mavic Air and very much enjoy taking and posting 360° panoramic photos (also called equirectangular projections). I am wondering if the Autel software has an automated mode to take multiple shots in a circle, at differing elevations, that can be later stitched together. Thanks

No, but nobody at this time knows what the EVO 2 might offer

Apparently, the Evo 2 runs on the same software as the Evo 1 Explorer so I don't expect big changes in the Flight functions. Unless there is a Explorer 2? Let’s see things.
  • Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
  • Top speed of 44 mph
  • Operating distance of 16 miles
  • 360-degree obstacle avoidance (omnidirectional binocular vision sensing system)
  • No geo-fencing
  • Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
  • Autel Explorer app
  • 90-minute charge time
  • GPS and ATTI flight modes
  • Go Home function
  • Accurate Landing feature
  • Starpoint Positioning System
  • Smart Tracking
  • Viewpoint
  • Gesture Commands
  • Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz
I no longer see the mission functions.

Apparently, the Evo 2 runs on the same software as the Evo 1 Explorer so I don't expect big changes in the Flight functions. Unless there is a Explorer 2? Let’s see things.
Wrong, they said on CES that the operating distance is 9 miles which is already too much and unless you have a commercial license and permission from FAA to flight that long.

I’d just guess that Evo 2 would have to run a modified version Explorer — only b/c Autel doesn’t have the resources to completely rewrite it. Evo 2 looks to be an evolutionary product as well — which is perfectly fine, it looks attractive to me too...

Wrong, they said on CES that the operating distance is 9 miles which is already too much and unless you have a commercial license and permission from FAA to flight that long.
They said 5.3 miles

Wrong. 9km which is 5.59 miles.

Reactions: macoman
  • Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
  • Top speed of 44 mph
  • 360-degree obstacle avoidance (omnidirectional binocular vision sensing system)
  • No geo-fencing
  • Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
  • Autel Explorer app
  • 90-minute charge time
  • GPS and ATTI flight modes
  • Go Home function
  • Accurate Landing feature
  • Starpoint Positioning System
  • Smart Tracking
  • Viewpoint
  • Gesture Commands
  • Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz
I no longer see the mission functions.
At CES, they said 9km (5.59 miles) and a 40 minute flight time.

Okay, come on, we're going to stall everyone on the distance..
Comp spec evo 1-2.JPG

There is an error on the weight of the radio, that of the Evo 2 is +/- 370gr

From what some hands on fliers I understand the app is new in beta format the interface seems to be a little different but positive reviews on it.

From what some hands on fliers I understand the app is new in beta format the interface seems to be a little different but positive reviews on it.
It appears that the EVO 2 gimbal can also finally elevate 30° above the horizontal, like DJI gimbals, which is essential for spherical panos.

If the Controller and antennae is the same as EVO1, and sometimes after 3 or 4 miles your getting a weak signal with EVO1,
I don't think I would be game to fly the extra mile.
I,ll wait and watch for some braveheart try it on you tube, or better still, Autel Robotics to publish a vid on You tube proving it can do it.

If the Controller and antennae is the same as EVO1, and sometimes after 3 or 4 miles your getting a weak signal with EVO1,
I don't think I would be game to fly the extra mile.
I,ll wait and watch for some braveheart try it on you tube, or better still, Autel Robotics to publish a vid on You tube proving it can do it.
Not sometimes, every time, starting at even two miles away! Can't see how they could possibly get 5.6 miles out of the same lousy wifi technology and crappy antennas!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller