Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Does a 9.7 inch IPAD work well with the Evo?

TJBC75

Reaction score
Hi, Just did an impulse buy at Target yesterday - Apple IPAD 9.7 inch 2018 version for $249. Thinking about using it exclusively for drone flying - have an Evo and a DJI Mavic Pro. I've read some conflicting threads on the AutelPilots forum about Apple products, specifically their tablets. Three questions, does the IPAD format correctly with the Explorer App, how well do the Apple tablets (specifically the IPAD 9.7 version) handle the sun glare and is the Apple Ipad a good choice for flying the Evo? Thanks guys!!

It works great on the XSP, so I’m guessing it works fine w/ Evo. Autel is likely more motivated to keep the Explorer App updated than the XSP’s Starlink App. Whether it’s bright enough for your situation depends on many factors. Reliability evaluating tablet brightness seems like black magic. I’ve read differing brightness measurements of the same tablet more than once. I’m guessing with a decent sun shield, it would work great....

unless there have been some changes I'm not aware of, the iOS Explorer apps made specifically for iPhone and you cannot find it in the iPad section of the App Store, so you need to set the iPad to search both devises, once you have it downloaded I think there is a setting to make it full screen and it looks and works perfectly

Hi, Just did an impulse buy at Target yesterday - Apple IPAD 9.7 inch 2018 version for $249. Thinking about using it exclusively for drone flying - have an Evo and a DJI Mavic Pro. I've read some conflicting threads on the AutelPilots forum about Apple products, specifically their tablets. Three questions, does the IPAD format correctly with the Explorer App, how well do the Apple tablets (specifically the IPAD 9.7 version) handle the sun glare and is the Apple Ipad a good choice for flying the Evo? Thanks guys!!
I have used my iPad Air 2 on different occasions with my EVO, it works great, I did purchase a sun-hood to use with it due to sun wash out. I use the Air 2 with a “Lift Thor” kit. I normally use my iPhone X, with the EVO, I find the Air 2 with the Lift Thor is just a bit heavy.

Reactions: Normex
The Autel Explorer iOS app is still not ready for prime time. It is iPhone only, and does not scale properly on any iPad, meaning you cannot sync your recorded flight logs because there is no way to activate the sync on the sync screen without CANCEL or DELETE ALL LOCAL RECORDS being activated instead. Toggling off the North up map view also has still not been fixed, so you will never be able to align your antennas with the aircraft out of sight while viewing FPV. Also, all user flight settings are reset to factory defaults every time signal is lost! Any text descriptions in the settings will be unreadable. Big disappointment!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58