Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Do you think the EVO is quieter than Mavic Pro 2/Zoom?

Since this is my first drone -- I can not really say -- as I do not own another to compare it to.

I have heard opinion of several people in YouTube video indicate it is quieter (or a different frequency) of Mavic for example.

Personally though, I think it sounds exactly like an electric weed-eater. Not very quiet. You will not be sneaking up on anyone or anything with the Evo. lol

Even @ 100 - 400 feet in the air -- it can be spotted/heard by cows, deer, dogs and horses. And this is ME noticing this in video when I get on a bigger screen and process it.

It is nothing I am doing on purpose -- like chasing something with the drone or flying really low purposely. I am sure it is the sound that get's their attention - but seems amazing how quick they look in the direction of the sound!

Since this is my first drone -- I can not really say -- as I do not own another to compare it to.

I have heard opinion of several people in YouTube video indicate it is quieter (or a different frequency) of Mavic for example.

Personally though, I think it sounds exactly like an electric weed-eater. Not very quiet. You will not be sneaking up on anyone or anything with the Evo. lol

Even @ 100 - 400 feet in the air -- it can be spotted/heard by cows, deer, dogs and horses. And this is ME noticing this in video when I get on a bigger screen and process it.

It is nothing I am doing on purpose -- like chasing something with the drone or flying really low purposely. I am sure it is the sound that get's their attention - but seems amazing how quick they look in the direction of the sound!

I have a similar take as well... just another day, I heard something from our neighbors house and thought someone was flying their drone, but quickly came to realize they were weedeating... lol!

Imagine if you were a cow... Or any animal in a field... Wouldn't you be afraid of swarms of insects?..

IMHO not as quiet as the Mavic 2, but EVO is quieter than original Mavic Pro with stock props. Mavic 2 is hands down the quietest drone I’ve flown, but I’ve never tried an Anafi.

Reactions: G_G
IMHO not as quiet as the Mavic 2, but EVO is quieter than original Mavic Pro with stock props. Mavic 2 is hands down the quietest drone I’ve flown, but I’ve never tried an Anafi.
Agreed, and Mavic Air is the worst! However, third party stealth props just became available for the Mavic Air to lower the pitch and the noise level to roughly that of the MPP. Already returned mine in January, though!

Reactions: LowNoise
I went from a Phantom 3 Pro to an Evo and was stunned by how quiet the Evo is compared to the P3P. I know the difference may not be as great when compared to more modern machines, but for me the difference was dramatic!

I went from a Phantom 3 Pro to an Evo and was stunned by how quiet the Evo is compared to the P3P. I know the difference may not be as great when compared to more modern machines, but for me the difference was dramatic!

Agreed! My very first flight was a surprise for me too on how quiet the Evo sounded... I was expecting some kind of shred machine weed eating through the air or something... lol!

Heck, my neighbor's weedeater was louder than the EVO!

More importantly, if it is a dramatic difference for you, imagine how much less annoying it is for everyone else within earshot, who, if they are annoyed enough, might just call the cops, who will be required to respond, even if you aren't doing anything wrong. Stealth mode is a major drone feature in the anti-drone climate. :cool:

More importantly, if it is a dramatic difference for you, imagine how much less annoying it is for everyone else within earshot, who, if they are annoyed enough, might just call the cops, who will be required to respond, even if you aren't doing anything wrong. Stealth mode is a major drone feature in the anti-drone climate. :cool:

I like comment about stealth mode. Will be using that!

I like comment about stealth mode. Will be using that!
The new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise has a "stealth mode" for LEO's where all lights are turned off for surreptitious night surveillance, available on the FLIR camera version, too, with IR cameras, to help catch bad guys!

The new DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise has a "stealth mode" for LEO's where all lights are turned off for surreptitious night surveillance, available on the FLIR camera version, too, with IR cameras, to help catch bad guys!

For $2700.00 (base) I'd say it better have more features than that... unfortunately, thoug, typical consumers can't get it because of what Part 107 requires... then again, some just "work" around the FAA "rules and regulations" and possibly already have one flying under the radar after sunset into the night... lol!

Will let you know tomorrow. Weather permitting, a friend and I will be flying together—me with my Evo, she with her Mavic 2 Pro.

I have had my EVO just hovering at 20 metres on a beach photographing waves and have watched walkers just strolling past it without looking up or being curious. Must be quiet !

Although the EVO is somewhat quieter and the Parrot Anafi is even quieter then the EVO but they all make noise. Just depends on the pitch. My MasterAirScrew props made my X-Star quieter but you would have to be dam near deaf if you did not hear it. Also my Anafi can be heard at 100 foot Alt so yes they are quieter but not by much.

For $2700.00 (base) I'd say it better have more features than that... unfortunately, thoug, typical consumers can't get it because of what Part 107 requires... then again, some just "work" around the FAA "rules and regulations" and possibly already have one flying under the radar after sunset into the night... lol!
I just put tape over my lights, if I need that kind of incognito assistance! Saves $1600! On the Mavic 2 Enterprise, it's just an optional setting that can be enabled before or during flight, and is not compulsory, so anyone can buy it from a dealer, as I understand, and decide to use or not use the feature. It just turns all the running lights off.

I just put tape over my lights, if I need that kind of incognito assistance! Saves $1600! On the Mavic 2 Enterprise, it's just an optional setting that can be enabled before or during flight, and is not compulsory, so anyone can buy it from a dealer, as I understand, and decide to use or not use the feature. It just turns all the running lights off.

Not interested in spending that kind of crazy money either... lol!

Not interested in spending that kind of crazy money either... lol!
M2E line offers quite a lot of other features and benefits designed for the Enterprise customers, who include Search and Rescue and First Responders. The cost for them is a major savings over all the alternatives, which helps saves lives.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller