Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DNG RAW file sample

EduardGutescu

Reaction score
Hi guys .
Few days ago i just got my first EVOII and today i just did my first test of photo and video.
The first think i notice (not good) its about the DNG file that are very grainy even if the efix show that the ISO was around 150.
In stead the jpeg photo look all right . For me its just my first thing that i notice after i downloaded the pictures and imported in Adobe Lightroom.
For the Photo i just set my ghmbal on F9 , Color NONE and color Style LANDSCAPE. ON Jpeg look fine directly from camera with no adjustment.
DNG = CRAP
You can download the DNJ and JPEG from here EVO2 RAW+JPEG - Google Drive
I will be back with some sample of video .

Attachments

• MAX_0024.JPG
    MAX_0024.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hello and welcome
Yes I totally agree the RAW\DNG file is very noisy and the Jpeg looks fine.
This is a big problem for me. I believe Autel need to do something from software or i will sell this drone and i will get back to DJI.
For me is unacceptable to have such a grainy photo at ISO150.(its look like i have ISO 1600) I can only imagine what noise will have at 800 or 1600 ISO!

Last edited:
I'm glad to know this as I only shoot stills in DNG format. I will wait for my purchase and see what others report.

Reactions: PingSpike
I don't know if Autel know about this major problem but they have to fix this very soon

Autel has been flying this drone for 6 months.

Did thy not know of this problem?

Did they not know 10 bit color didn't work?

Did they not know of the tilted horizon defect?

I sent Autel the link to the dropbox and asked them to have a look at the files. It took several days for them to respond. From what I can tell from their response they are not aware of this problem or at the very least this is the first time they have seen this issue. They did ask for more samples so they could send them to the technical team in China. Since I only had access to the two in the drop box this was not possible for me to do. I suggest the OP get a collection of RAW and Jpegs together and email them the links with a explanation as to your findings. It might take a while for them to get back to you as they seem to either be busy or just short staffed.

I will also add if people don't send in flaws that they find nothing is going to change.

I sent Autel the link to the dropbox and asked them to have a look at the files. It took several days for them to respond. From what I can tell from their response they are not aware of this problem or at the very least this is the first time they have seen this issue. They did ask for more samples so they could send them to the technical team in China. Since I only had access to the two in the drop box this was not possible for me to do. I suggest the OP get a collection of RAW and Jpegs together and email them the links with a explanation as to your findings. It might take a while for them to get back to you as they seem to either be busy or just short staffed.

I will also add if people don't send in flaws that they find nothing is going to change.
So this is what i got so far . You can download from here . Tomorrow i will make some fresh ones with different iso settings and also in different shooting mode A<S<M EVO2 RAW+JPEG - Google Drive

Well like I said it is up to you to report the problem you are having. Just posting it here will do nothing for you. We cannot solve your problem so let the Autel support people deal with it by send them the files or a link to the files explaining the problem.

Reactions: EduardGutescu
I just loaded some of your DNGs to review and I have to say...they look like ?. Luckily, I do not have this issue with my Evo II. My photos are crisp even when cropping in. Hopefully Autel sorts that issue out for you.

Firstly Eduard, thanks for uploading the image; looks like Bucharest from the GPS coordinates.
I realise, that for those who just want to download the JPGs to use, that is perfectly fine. That said though, if you have the time to run the raw DNGs through some post-processing, you can get so much more out of them. Yes, I agree, your raw DNGs are a little noisy, but that isn’t a real problem nowadays with all these wonderful toys we have to play with.
I took the liberty and ran your #0052 through some post and made a comparison file (see upload). I accept, that everyone will have their own sense of what contrast, saturation et cetera should look like, and that is alright. But when it comes to details and clarity, I believe the DNG still holds so much more to give, than the straight JPG.
I’ve been looking for someone to shoot a 5x AEB series with the new EVO II pro, to see what that can achieve, should be quite amazing in the details.
Greetings from the Pacific North West, M

MAX_0052_comparisson.jpg

I always work with RAW files (Lightroom old version 6.5). Regarding a comparison, I uploaded JPGs created by processing RAW (DNG images) and unprocessed JPG files. I did not see any noise in the DNGs (misspelled on my web site as DMGs). The processing brought out more detail in the dark areas of the beach and toned down over exposed sky. There are about 23 examples here MyrlteBeachTestShots - ClarityPhotos . I am still leaning how to shoot with the drone so bear with the images from a novice drone pilot.

Other than early samples on dpreview that showed an image circle de-centered to the left, are there any good sources for DNG files from the EVO II 6K / 20MP camera? I have the Enterprise version coming tomorrow and want to see good samples in order to set a bit of a baseline expectation.

Searches reveal nothing other than dpreview.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy