Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI vs Autel || Only the Evo vs the Mavic Pro - interesting results

Flytechguy

Reaction score
Evo takes on the Mavic Pro 1. Interesting results, if you're thinking about buying one or the other they are similar prices so it is a good test to see which is worth the money. I am bias but I believe Evo all the way. Camera quality is much better on the Evo and there was a bunch less problems setting up the Evo than the Mavic Pro. Link ---> DJI vs AUTEL

Evo takes on the Mavic Pro 1. Interesting results, if you're thinking about buying one or the other they are similar prices so it is a good test to see which is worth the money. I am bias but I believe Evo all the way. Camera quality is much better on the Evo and there was a bunch less problems setting up the Evo than the Mavic Pro. Link ---> DJI vs AUTEL
The camera on the Mavic was rather shaky. Did you take off the gimbal guard?

Well it could be due to the fact that it was a windier day during the orbit but, during the other footage I thought it was handling the wind much better

I have them both too. Evo camera is just better. 100 M br 4K60. Just a better camera period. Handling of the MP1 has always been nice. Controller design is nice and robust. Autel controller is good, but the arms are not as strong. Autel display on board is really nice. Color IPS.. Evo wins.

Differences are noticeable in the controller sensitivity of the sticks. MP1 are more linear to me, and the Evo are more idkkk logarithmic? You do get used to finessing the Evo controller though. Every drone I have, the sticks perform differently. Typhoon H, P4P, MP, Evo.. all different.

Evo was made to compete with the MP1, and in that it simply wins. The fact it gets compared more to M2P says more than anything else. M2P fmc is $1900, Evo fmc was on sale recently as low as $899 fmc at Best Buy (after $100 BB gift card) and at other stores under around $1049. That's well over an $800 difference. When I bought mine, I added the Anafi. Evo and Anafi handle most anything I could need for them moment. Evo with the snappy sharp gorgeous 4K60, and Anafi with that crazy 180 tilt camera for some amazing angles.

Cool video

Reactions: Flytechguy
Great input, I agree entirely! And thank you for watching.

The Evo is almost always compared to the M2P this just showing how great a drone it really is. Lacks the full obstacle avoidance which I would've like to seen but makes up for it with camera quality.

Controller is also another huge perk with a display built in, quick buttons to run through the software modes faster and easy navigation within the app. Regardless these two drones are a great bang for your buck at this point in time so either would be great. With my bias, the Evo is the drone to go

In my opinion the right drone to compare the Evo has to be the M2Z. It is the closest to what the Evo offers. Both are 2018 tech. As for the side sensors, they only activate in beginner and tripod modes.

Great input, I agree entirely! And thank you for watching.

The Evo is almost always compared to the M2P this just showing how great a drone it really is. Lacks the full obstacle avoidance which I would've like to seen but makes up for it with camera quality.

Controller is also another huge perk with a display built in, quick buttons to run through the software modes faster and easy navigation within the app. Regardless these two drones are a great bang for your buck at this point in time so either would be great. With my bias, the Evo is the drone to go
I don't use OA , and haven't for a couple years. It gets in the way of my video work. False positive OA halting is annoying and happens a ton! I don't play chicken with trees or buildings, so it's become a non issue with me at least. OA is the last thing I look for. I know others really want that, and it is marketed for safer flying, but there are many many videos and posts of drones with OA active, and crashing anyway. To me that isn't the drone, that's OA used a crutch to basically play chicken in environments that are not meant to be, like flying under a canopy of trees. Just plain asking when sats are lower, drone flops to ATTI and user has no control or reaction enough to prevent the crash that happens within seconds. He/she are looking at the screen, not the drone. How that story usually ends. "But I had OA on.. what happened to my super sensor drone ?" The brand markets you can do stupid nonsensical things with it, expect people to do just that.

The other are the crazy flight modes. So far Evo Dynamic Track has zero cases of the drone going into high speed attack mode. Since the Spark, MA, and now M2P's there are many many cases of drone flyaway attacks when in active track. It is now called "active attack" mode. Many cases involved hospital treatments. If you are 107, that's not a good thing. Recent M2P did this. Idiot filming in a public area using AT mode and it randomly flew at high speed at a bystander. You have a 2lb bird flying at you 30+ mph with spinning blades. I think they need sensors for the operator now, or screens that pop up that say "are there any people nearby you idiot?? sorry can't fly." Just google the many cases of this stuff. Mavic Air attacking a dudes daughter in follow me, M2 recent attack modes going after the operator missing the operator and then crashing. All with OA active. It's only DJI birds, and the problem has never been fixed.. worse yet it is so random, you never know.

We had one of the M2P's on a job site. Our operator was using AT mode to track some construction vehicles. Stupid thing just flew right at it, and before he knew any better (eyes on the screen, not the drone) he couldn't react and the $1500 M2P flew right into the side of a front loader. Guess who won that one?

I cut my teeth on drones that had no hover as well, so you learn stick control, drone braking requirements, and how to avoid environmental hazards. Too many operators put too much faith in these flight modes. Some leave them running autonomously and start having conversations with others, next thing you know the drone just disappeared. They are like WTF!! Well... that's on the operator. We have had pilots like this.. as I said.. HAD.

EVO puts me more in mind of essentials for work. Probably why they colored it orange. Might be why others wanting more recreational use lose interest in it. What I like most is that it simply works. I have confidence that it will not crap out mid job. The app is not bloated to hell and back like Go4 causing issues with mobile devices. Was nothing worse last year than sitting with a client reviewing footage M2P and CS on a controller and having the app pixelate all over. Restarted app etc, same thing. We ended up firing up the Typhoon. Embarrassing situation. DJI says it was the Android device. I laughed and said "You mean your Crystal Sky" Yeah, I can't have that. We're also looking at the newer 520 kits.

My Evo is due next week. I’ll be doing my own side-by-side comparison with my 3 year old Mavic Pro. I expect it will Ben a tough and close battle.

Good vid, though perhaps work on the audio levels a bit. Perhaps even a lav mic rather than depending on the camera mic as I could bately hear you speak. I had the original Mavic Pro until recently and while it truly set the bar for compact drones when it came out, so far I think the Evo pretty comfortably wins this contest.

I tend to agree with MTPro, I think generally there is way too much reliance on OA. They should be treated like parking sensors on your car at best. I'd much rather upgraded video capabilities than upgraded OA.

Reactions: Flytechguy
Good vid, though perhaps work on the audio levels a bit. Perhaps even a lav mic rather than depending on the camera mic as I could bately hear you speak. I had the original Mavic Pro until recently and while it truly set the bar for compact drones when it came out, so far I think the Evo pretty comfortably wins this contest.

I tend to agree with MTPro, I think generally there is way too much reliance on OA. They should be treated like parking sensors on your car at best. I'd much rather upgraded video capabilities than upgraded OA.
Thanks for the advice I am trying to work on it now bought another little mic to try and help the audio. Going to do an entire Evo review over the past month or so

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller